The following phones, Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Lite & Mate 10 Pro were successfully unlocked (speaking of the bootloader), blessed with custom recovery and can now be rooted. If you own one of these phones, it is time for you to unlock their true potential.
Lo unlocking the Bootloader and Root Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Lite & Mate 10 Pro it is important because it allows you to do a lot of things that were not possible before. Unlocking the bootloader will stop OTA updates and clean your phone completely.
If you are ready let's go ahead and see how to install TWRP custom recovery and root Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Lite & Mate 10 Pro. Unlocking the bootloader of your Huawei Mate 10 means that you no longer care about your phone's warranty. The Bootloader is responsible for checking the system security on the phone.
If you unlock it, your phone will no longer check the operating system. The bootloader has the kernel code responsible for booting the phone. This is why smartphone makers keep it locked by default.
If you want to unlock the bootloader, you must accept the terms and conditions provided by the smartphone manufacturer. Android enthusiasts who are used to installing and rooting don't care much about the bootloader.Unlock Bootloader & Root Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Lite & Mate 10 Pro
Without unlocking the bootloader, you can't install a custom recovery on your phone which means you can't root your phone. If you have already decided to flash a custom recovery on your phone and root it then keep reading tutorial.
TWRP recovery is still in beta, so we will skip its installation for now. For now, we will only unlock the bootloader and root the phone. Here is a complete guide for unlock bootloader e root Huawei Mate 10 , Mate 10 Lite e Mate 10 Pro.
Precautions and preparation
- This guide is intended for the Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Lite & Mate 10 Pro only. Do not try this method on any other device otherwise, you may cause bricking.
- Make sure your phone's battery is charged up to 80% to avoid power issues during the setup process.
- Back up the all your important contacts, call logs, SMS messages and multimedia contents to stay safe. Don't forget to make a backup as this process should completely wipe your phone.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on the phone in developer options. To do this, go to settings> on device> tap the build number for 7 times. You will now have the develop options in the settings. You open developer options> Enable USB Debugging. If you have the option "OEM Unlocking”, Enable this as well.
- Use the original data cable to establish a connection between your phone and PC.
- Follow this guide to the letter to avoid problems.
Downloads and installations required
- Download and install Huawei USB Drivers.
- Download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device. Make sure you've backed up everything before moving on.
- Install the Huawei HiCare app on your phone and call support in HiCare to get the bootloader unlock code. You will need to provide your email, IEMI and serial number.
- Huawei will send you the bootloader unlock code via email in a few days or hours.
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed Minimal ADB and Fastboot drivers on your Windows PC or installed Mac ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Connect your phone to your PC now.
- Now open Minimal ADB e Fastboot.exe from your desktop. If you don't have this file on your desktop, go to your Windows installation drive, for example C drive> Programmi> Minimal ADB e Fastboot> Press and hold the Shift key + Click il right mouse button on an empty area in the open folder> click on "Open command window here ”.
- Now in the command window enter the following commands one by one.
- adb reboot-bootloader
Once done, enter the following command.
- fastboot devices
This command will check the connection of the device with the PC in fastboot mode.
- fastboot oem unlock (bootloaderunlockcodexxxxxxxxxxxx)
This command will unlock the bootloader. As soon as you hit the Enter key after typing this command, you will get a message from your phone asking for confirmation of unlocking the bootloader. Use the volume up and down keys to navigate through the options and confirm unlocking.
Now that your phone's bootloader has been unlocked, the phone will be completely wiped. You will need to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking once again after the phone is fully configured. You can skip to the next section to root Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite.
- Huawei Mate 10 Lite users can use this guide: How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery & Root Huawei Mate 10 Lite
How to root Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro and Mate 10 Lite
- Download and unzip FHMate10tool.
- Connect your phone to the computer again.
- Open the Minimal ADB and Fastboot.exe command window.
- In the command window, enter the following command: adb reboot bootloader
- This command will restart your phone in bootloader mode.
- Now you need to run the file FHMate10Tool.exe.
- In the newly opened screen, you will find the options to root your phone. The first option is “Root your Mate 10”.
- Type 1 hour and press Enter.
- You will find further instructions on the screen. Follow the procedure now and you will have your phone rooted.
- Once the phone has been rooted, it will restart and SuperSU will be installed on your phone.
You just finished unlock Bootloader & Root Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Lite & Mate 10 Pro. If you have any problems during the process, talk about it in the comments below.