By reading this article you will understand how to install TWRP custom recovery and Root Honor 8 Pro. After installing TWRP on your smartphone you can finally receive root permissions on Honor 8 Pro. Tutorial you find below.
Huawei Honor 8 Pro is a high-end smartphone that features an octa core Kirin 960 processor up to 2,4 GHz, accompanied by a Mali G71 MP8 GPU and 6 GB of RAM. This smartphone is also ideal for photography with dual 12MP cameras on the back.
In this tutorial we will see how to install custom recovery TWRP and Root Honor 8 Pro. Your Honor 8 Pro must have the bootloader unlocked. If not, it is not possible to proceed with the procedure.
You can follow our guide to unlock bootloader on Huawei devices. The method also works for Honor devices, Honor is a sub-brand of Huawei.
Read below regarding the botloader!
- How to unlock the Bootloader of any Android device using Fastboot or if it works how to unlock Huawei Honor Bootloader!
Below we will see in a few lines how to do the root Honor 8 Pro. The tutorial has been tested and works perfectly. So let's see how to get root permissions on Honor 8 Pro.
- You will need ADB and Fastboot installed on your computer.
- Enable the USB debugging on your Honor 8 Pro. This can be done by going to Settings > System > info about phone and tapping the build number several times. If you have a screen lock PIN or password you will be prompted to enter it, after which the development options are enabled.
- Go to Settings > System > Developer options and enable the USB debugging.
- An external microSD card or USB OTG.
Follow this link and download fstab-decrypt.zip e magisk-root.zip. Extract magisk-root.zip and you will find another zip inside named magisk.zip and a TWRP image file. Transfer both fstab-decrypt.zip and magisk.zip on your external microSD card or USB OTG.
TWRP Honor 8 Pro | How to do
we at Guidesmartphone we are not responsible of what you do with your phone. The responsibility is yours alone!
Once the procedure is finished, all data from your smartphone will be deleted. If you have data to save, read this guide to know how to backup on Honor 8 Pro.
How to install TWRP on Honor 8 Pro on EMUI 8.0
- Connect your Honor 8 Pro to your PC with a USB cable and start ADB. On Windows, go to the adb folder and enter cmd in the address bar. If you have ADB e Fastboot minimal, you can just search for it and click on it to launch it. On Mac and Linux, you can simply launch a Terminal window to start using ADB.
- Restart your phone in fastboot mode using the following ADB command.
adb reboot bootloader
You may need to allow USB debugging permissions on your phone if you haven't done so before.
- Once in fastboot mode, install the TWRP image extracted from the file magisk-root.zip with this command.
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk /path/to/twrp-magisk-H8P.img
Replace / path / on / with the path to the location of the image file.
In doing so you have just finished installing the TWRP custom recovery on Honor 8 Pro.
How to get Root permissions on Honor 8 Pro on EMUI 8.0
- Disconnect the phone and hold Power + volume Up on your phone. When the screen turns off and the phone vibrates, release the button power on but keep holding the button down Volume up until Honor's animation is done.
- You should now be able to see TWRP recovery.
- Go up Clear > Format data and type si. This will erase all data on the device.
- Now touch install and select fstab-decrypt.zip, then scroll down to install. Make sure the microSD or USB OTG card that the files were transferred to is connected to the device.
- touches on Reboot system and start the device. Enter your login details and configure your device, then reboot it again in recovery mode.
- This time, install magisk.zip after installing fstab-decrypt.zip. Restart the device again.
The method we used today comes from XDA Senior Member LastStandingDroid who did an amazing job. His original thread on XDA also contains the method to update Magisk. If you wish to do so, please visit the link below.
We just finished install TWRP custom recovery on Honor 8 Pro and then we received the root permissions on Honor 8 Pro. If you have any problems let me know in the comments box below.