As time goes by, the Internet puts more and more tools at our disposal. In this sense, there are more and more sites to edit photos online for free or retouch your images without having to download or install any photo editing program. You can do this simply by accessing the web page with your browser and uploading your photos. Do you want to know what they are? Don't miss it, they are free!
You no longer need to go around with your computer under your arm. You can access these programs to edit photos online from any computer with an Internet connection.
The truth is, since Photoshop launched its first online version, many others have developed these web pages to edit photos online for free without registration. This allowed us to carry out photo editing actions in a simple and fast way, which until recently was only possible through paid programs.
The truth is that years ago we could not even dream of online photo editing applications of this type, but now in this article there are at least 10. And so you can also make photo edits on a different computer than yours and make different types of adjustments easily and quickly, greatly enhancing your photos.
Not all programs have the same options and features, nor are they all managed the same. Sometimes you can even combine the use of different online photo editors to get the desired results. Here I leave you the list of some of the most used online photo editors of the moment so that you can try them out for yourself and decide which one you prefer.
The best sites to edit photos online for free
Pixlr is definitely the best free Spanish photo editor online more complete that we can find for free on the web. If you are a photographer, it is the most recommended.
The best of Pixlr:
- Perhaps the most powerful web application with a strikingly Photoshop-like interface.
- Useful keyboard shortcuts and right-click implementation.
- You can create your own custom workspace.
- Levels, masks, selection, infinite filters, character packs, powerful adjustments ...
The worst of Pixlr:
- Nothing to say… Well yes… Save it as a favorite!
2. Photoshop Express Editor
Adobe's online photo editor offers many possibilities and good results. However, we're a little short some common features of the program.
The best of Photoshop Express:
- High quality results.
- Preview the results before applying them.
- Very easy to use.
The worst Photoshop Express:
- Calling itself Photoshop, the layers are missing.
- There are no selection tools.
SumoPaint is an online photo editing program that fulfills the very well basic editing needs. The interface is very intuitive, pleasant and easy to use.
The best of SumoPaint:
- Very clean interface.
- Levels, filters, adjustments… A very complete package of possibilities.
- Right-click functions.
- Available in 18 languages.
The worst of SumoPaint:
- It would be nice to be able to use layer masks.
- Some filters may be missing.
Fotor has a very attractive interface. The image editing options are few, but the templates for the design image on the Social Network are its strong point.
The best of Fotor:
- Powerful photo retouching with a very clean interface.
- HDR photo blending capability.
- Editing, collage or design option.
- In Design there are templates to adapt images to the proportions required for Social Networks (cover photos, advertisements, infographics).
The worst of Fotor:
- It does not support the use of layers.
- Setting options may be limited for larger jobs.
- Many settings allow you to preview them with a watermark, but they are only available for a fee.
- Otherwise, do what it says. It's a great photo editing page.
BeFunky is a very complete free photo editor. It stands out for its large gallery of filters and effects, although the edition focuses more on portraiture. Too bad it has few free options and too many paid options.
The best of BeFunky:
- Very intuitive and well structured presentation easy to use: Edit, Retouch, Effects, Frames, Graphics.
- It has a wide range of filter and effect presets.
- You can add layers and save them for future editing.
- It allows you to upload and save photos from your computer and many other options (Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook)
- The final image can be shared directly on Social Networks.
The worst of BeFunky:
- Retouching focuses only on portraits (skin, eyes, mouth ...)
- The editing tools are very limited and their effect is applied to the entire image.
- Most effects and settings are only available for a fee.
FotoFlexer, despite its unusual toolbar arrangement, is a photoeditor simple and easy to use. Its cleanliness, the absence of advertising and the paid version stand out.
The best of FotoFlexer:
- Allows the use of layers by adding new images.
- Very clean interface, no ads.
- Completely free. There is no paid version.
- Images can be imported from your computer, from a URL or from some social networks.
- 22 languages available.
The worst of FotoFlexer :
- Some tools may be difficult to find.
- In the Spanish version, the options that are in other languages are missing.
- Wearing layers is quite uncomfortable.
PicMonkey is an excellent free photo editing program if your idea is to design rather than modify. The design options are spectacular and endless, but few are available in the free version.
The best of PicMonkey:
- It allows the use of the layers in a simple and orderly way in a separate window.
- They allow you to try the premium option for free for 7 days.
- You can save the edited files in line with their respective levels for future editing.
- It focuses more on retouching and applying effects than editing.
The worst of PicMonkey :
- The editing options (as such) are very limited.
- There are few free effects, filters or stickers.
- Registration is required to export the final image.
iPiccy is a very efficient and useful free online photo editing program for people who want start editing. It is very comprehensive, although when it comes to exporting it is very limited in terms of quality and formats.
The best of iPiccy:
- You have the option to edit, create collages or design.
- Includes a multitude of applicable effects and filters, all free.
- There is a section with various tools for portrait retouching only.
- Allows the use of multiple layers in an easy way.
- It is ideal for beginners in the world of photo editing.
The worst of iPiccy:
- To activate full screen you need to register.
- The ads that appear are distracting.
- It is only available in English.
- You can only save the image in .jpeg or .png and the quality is a bit limited.
Picozu is a good tool for editing free photos, even if it doesn't come with many options. It has the right features for fast editing without watermark, but it does its job.
The best of Picozu:
- It has more useful tools: layers, selection, effects ...
- You can choose between several more or less simple workspaces.
- It is very simple but useful for quick editing.
- It allows you to save the final image in a multitude of formats.
The worst of Picozu:
- Annoying notifications appear all the time that don't disappear until you close them.
- When you select some options, the editor crashes and you have to refresh the page.
LunaPic is an online photo editing program with tons of features available to apply to an image. However, it stands out for its own poor usability and the unsightly interface.
The best of LunaPic:
- It offers many tools, adjustments, filters, effects ...
- It is available in Spanish.
- It allows you to create animations and GIFs.
- You can upload an image from your computer, Dropbox or social network and download it in multiple formats.
The worst of LunaPic:
- The interface is unsightly and unsightly. It does not do justice to the benefits of the application.
- Whenever you select a setting, it loads the page and is very annoying.