Skyrim - How to become a vampire [guide to vampirism]
I am the count dddraacula (miii that fear!)
There is little to do, I do not understand why but that of Vampirism is a subject that intrigues a lot and not by chance in Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, as in the previous chapters, there is the chance to become a "bloodsucker".
In this guide we deal with the issue at 360 °: how to become a vampire, what are the powers you will acquire and what handicaps you will have to endure.
If, on the other hand, you have contracted the disease and are looking for a cure, follow our guide to treating vampirism.
You can contract the disease any time you take damage from a Vampire. Once contracted, within 3 days of infection it can be cured with simple healing potions. After 3 days the disease will become permanent and you will acquire the powers of the vampires. From this moment on it will be a little more difficult to cure (but not impossible, guide to cure porphyria).
Porphyria manifests itself in 4 stages: the longer you stay without drinking blood, the more it will advance in its stages, the greater your vampire powers, but your "weakness" will also be greater in some respects.
Let's see in detail the pros and cons of each stage of the disease.
- Vampires have a 25% boost to their Illusion spells. They are 25% harder to detect by NPCs, have 100% resistance to disease or poison, and are 25% ice resistant.
- Vampires are 25% weaker to fire and their health, magic, stamina, and stats are reduced by 15 points in sunlight. These three stats also don't regenerate.
- Vampires have the power to raise the dead to serve them. They can also improve their night vision with another power.
- They can also gain a spell that allows them to drain the health of their enemies.
- Vampires are 50% more frost resistant and their vampire minions are more powerful. Increases the energy absorption ability.
- Vampires are 50% weaker to fire and their health, magic, stamina, and stats are reduced by 30 points in sunlight.
- Vampires gain "Vampiric Seduction" which calms enemies (animals and people) for 30 seconds so they won't attack you.
- Vampires are 75% more resistant to frost and their power to revive the dead and drain the energies of the living becomes more powerful.
- Vampires are 75% weaker to fire and their health, magic, stamina, and stats are reduced by 45 points in sunlight.
- Vampires are 100% frost resistant and their vampire minions are more powerful. Increases the energy absorption ability.
- Vampires are 100% weaker to fire and their health, magic, stamina, and stats are reduced by 60 points in sunlight.
- At this stage all NPCs will be hostile to you.
- Vampires will gain the "Embrace Of Shadows" power, which causes the character to become invisible for three minutes.
That's all. As you can see, the powers of vampires are important, but compromises must also be made to survive the limitations that this disease brings.