How to root Samsung Galaxy A6 SM-A600FN with Magisk v20.0 Android 9 Pie using ODIN software. This root method uses the latest Magisk Manager and patched AP tar file. Read the Notes / Warnings at the bottom of this post before rooting your Samsung Galaxy A6. It can work on Galaxy A6 2018 SM-A600F, SM-A600FN, SM-A600G, SM-A600GN. Take the risk! Follow the instructions carefully and make sure you back up all your important data!
Step by Step Root Samsung Galaxy A6 SM-A600FN with Magisk v20.0 Android 9 Pie
- Enable Developer Options: Go to Settings -> About Device. Tap Create number 7 times to enable developer options.
- Enable OEM Unlock Options and USB Debugging Options (Settings -> Developer Options)
- Download and extract ODIN
- Download and install Galaxy A6 drivers
- Download the latest Magisk Manager
AP .tar patched with Magisk Manager and Root Galaxy A6 SM-A600FN with Magisk v20.0
- Download the Galaxy A6 SM-A600FN firmware.
- Unzip the firmware and copy the tar AP file to your device. It is normally named AP_ [device_model_sw_ver] .tar.md5. Copy the AP tar file and MagiskManager-v7.3.4.apk to your phone.
- Install Magisk Manager (MagiskManager-v7.3.4.apk) on your phone and you can update it if you want.
- In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and patch a file
- Select the tar AP file. Magisk Manager will patch the entire firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage] /Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
- Reboot to Bootloader. Press and hold the volume up key + power key, when the samsung logo appears, release only the power key, keep pressing the volume up key until android recovery mode appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset. Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
- Make sure the bootloader is unlocked (OEM options are enabled)
- Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, along with BL, CP and HOME_CSC files.
Important: select “Automatic restart” and “F. Reset time “in Options only!
- Magisk is now correctly installed on your device!
- After starting the device, perform the usual initial setup. It needs more time and patience.
- Connect your phone to the internet, copy the Magisk Manager apk file to your phone and install it.
- Open Magisk Manager. It will ask you to make additional settings. Let it do its work and the app will automatically restart your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check, enjoy!
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for bricking the device.
- Using the wrong file can damage your device.
- If the target device has a custom firmware flash counter, rooting will trigger it. If you're lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX enabled device, rooting will trigger the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device's memory is encrypted, root will cancel i your data!
- If you have bootloader locked, root will likely make your device a brick, with the exception of Nexus devices, which usually "OEM unlock" automatically and wipe your data!
- Make sure you back up any important data before you root.