Lost your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote control? Take control with this app for iOS and Android. The remote included with the Fire TV Stick and Fire TV devices works great and is small, so it doesn't take up much space. That compact size makes it easy to lose, and even if you have a Fire TV Cube or Fire TV Stick plugged into an Echo Dot, you still need the remote to navigate certain menus.
Whether you've lost your Fire TV Stick remote or just want an extra remote without buying one, the official Fire TV Stick remote app is capable of controlling Fire TV Stick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube devices.
The Fire TV Stick remote app can also control other Fire TV devices, including the Fire TV Cube and Fire TV 4K. You can download this single app and use it as a remote for all your Fire TV devices.
Read also: What to do when the Fire Stick remote doesn't work
Requirements for using the Fire TV Phone app
The Fire TV Stick remote app is available for both Android and iOS, but there are some phones that it doesn't work on. Here are the basic requirements your device must meet if you want to use the Fire TV Stick remote app:
- Tablet Fire: works on all Fire tablet in 4th generation and later.
- Android: requires Android OS 4.0.3 or later.
- iOS: requires iOS 7.0 or later.
Some devices are compatible with the app, but only if you update the operating system.
How to download the Fire TV Phone app
The Fire TV Stick remote app is available directly from Amazon, Apple, or Google, depending on the type of device you're using.
Here's where you can download the app:
- Android: app remota Fire TV su Google Play
- iOS: app remota Fire TV su app store
- Kindle: app remota Fire TV sull’app store di Amazon
How to set up the Fire TV Stick remote control app
Once you've downloaded and installed the Fire TV Stick remote app on your compatible phone or tablet, you're ready to set it up with your Fire TV. To do this, you will need both the Fire TV and your phone.
Here's how to set up the Fire TV Stick remote control app:
- Launch the Fire TV Stick remote app.
- Toccata ACCESS NOW.
- Enter the email and password for your Amazon account and tap Log in.
- Select Fire TV Stick or any other Fire TV device you own. If you don't see your device, make sure it's plugged in and connected to the same network as your phone.
- Turn on your TV and switch to the input paired with the Fire TV Stick or whatever Fire TV device you're trying to control.
- Look for the connection request code number of the remote Fire TV Stick app.
- Enter the code into the Fire TV Stick remote app.
- Wait for the app to connect to the Fire TV Stick or other Fire TV devices. Once the process is complete, you will be ready to use your phone as a remote control.
How to use the Fire TV Stick remote app
The Fire TV Stick remote app mimics the same features you're used to with the physical Fire TV Stick remote. It has all the same buttons and they do the same things.
The only differences between the remote app and the physical remote are:
- The app has a touchpad in the center instead of the circle button.
- The app has a built-in keyboard.
- The app includes a shortcut list that allows you to launch any of your apps whenever you want.
Here's using your phone as a remote with the Amazon Fire TV Stick:
- Tap anywhere in the touchpad area to select the currently highlighted item on the Fire TV.
- With your finger pressed in the touchpad area, move your finger left, right, up, or down to scroll in that direction.
- To move the selection without scrolling, swipe from the center of the touchpad in the direction you want to move.
- Tap the keyboard icon in the upper left corner to access the keyboard. Voice commands are only available in some countries. If you live in an area where Amazon doesn't allow voice controls, downloading this app won't enable voice controls.
- Touch and hold the microphone, then say what you are looking for or say the name of an app you want to open on the Fire TV.
- Tap the Apps & Games icon, located between the microphone and keyboard icons, to launch the Apps & Games context menu. Tap any app or game in this list to instantly launch it on your Fire TV Stick or other Fire TV devices.
- The return, home, menu, reverse, play / pause and fast forward buttons all work exactly the same way they do on the physical remote.