How to update HTC One S to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with CyanogenMod 12 Nightly, HTC One S can be updated to the latest OS from Google, Android 5.0.2 Lollipop through the new CM12 Nightly custom ROM.
It is for sure that HTC did not want to release an official Android 5.0 Lollipop update for this device. However, this shouldn't stop you from trying a custom ROM. Especially a ROM like CM12. CyanogenMod 12 is known for providing the best Android Lollipop Roms in the market.
They also recently announced official Nightly support for HTC One S. In one night, you can expect new OTAs (Over-the-air), arriving every day with new features and a much more reliable experience than the previous one. .
This tutorial is for HTC One S. Do not try this guide on any other Android device. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any damage caused by the instructions provided on this page. Try this guide at your own risk. However, it is very unlikely that the device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions that have been mentioned in the procedure.
- Make sure you have installed the USB drivers for HTC One S correctly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB driver section here: DOWNLOAD ANDROID USB DRIVER FOR SAMSUNG, HTC, NEXUS, LG, SONY & OTHERS
- Always backup any important data that you may need after installing a new custom ROM, official software update, or whatever. Make a backup just in case, you never know when something might go wrong. HOW TO MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP ON ALL ANDROID DEVICES [BACKUP & RESTORE]
- USB debugging mode must be enabled. HOW TO ACTIVATE USB DEBUG AND DEVELOPMENT OPTIONS IN ANDROID 4.2 AND ABOVE
- Make sure your Android device has 80-85% charged battery.
- The device must have the latest CWM or TWRP version installed.
- Scarica CM12 Nightly Android 5.0.2 ROM
- Gapps zip file
How to update HTC One S to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with CyanogenMod 12 Nightly
- Connect HTC One S to your computer using the USB cable.
- Now copy / paste the Android 4.4.4 ROM download zip file and Google Apps zip file into your SD card. Make sure the files are in the root of the SD card (not in any folder).
- Copy / paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools.
- Turn off the phone.
- Now reboot into Bootloader / Fastboot mode. Turn on the phone by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power Button.
- Once in Fastboot mode (on your phone), go to android-sdk-windows platform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right Click> Open Command Prompt).
- Type the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Then, type the following command and press Enter.
- Reboot in bootloader mode and then go to Recovery.
- Once you are in ClockworkMod Recovery, select perform a full data wipe by selecting “wipe data / factory reset”. Use the power button to select everything while you are in recovery mode.
- Then, perform a wipe cache by selecting “wipe partition cache”.
- Now, this is optional, but it is recommended that you wipe the Dalvik cache. You will not get boot loops or other errors. From CWM recovery, go to 'advanced' and then select “wipe Dalvik cache”.
- Then go back to the main recovery screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”. Using the volume keys, navigate to the 4.4.4 Android ROM zip file that you copied to your SD card and select using the power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should begin.
- Google Apps: Repeat the same operation for the Gapps zip file and install it on your phone.
- Once the installation is complete, go to “+++++ Go Back +++++” and restart your phone by selecting ”reboot system now“ from the recovery menu.
Yours HTC One S it will reboot and may take about 5 minutes for the first boot. So, wait and in the meantime share on social media.
- Come installare le Google apps o Gapps su Cyanogenmod 12
- The next operating system will only be called "Android 10": Google says goodbye to desserts
- Know which Android version is installed on my device?
- How to check if Android is up to date
- How to download and install Google Apps