If you own a Nokia 2.1 (E2M) and want to install custom recovery or get rooted, follow the complete guide below. Here in this guide, we will tell you how to install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 2.1 and also how to root. With the help of TWRP recovery, you can make a complete backup of your device data and, above all, install a custom ROM, to keep it up to date or just to customize it to your liking.
Nokia 2.1 is a dual SIM Android GO smartphone released in May 2018. This device sports a 5,5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. It ran on Android 8.1 Oreo at the time of release. This phone works thanks to a 425 GHz octa-core Snapdragon 1.4 chipset along with 1 GB of RAM, contains 8 GB of expandable internal memory. In the camera section, the Nokia 2.1 mounts a single 8MP camera on the rear and a 5MP front camera.
How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Nokia 2.1
Before starting with the TWRP installation, you need to have some tools that are required for this process. We have included them all in the section below.
- Activate the USB Debugging on the device (you must first activate the Developer Options): Settings -> Device Info -> Software Info -> Click 7 times on Build Number then again on Settings -> Developer Options and activate the USB Debugging mode.
- This guide is for Nokia 2.1 only. Do not try it on other devices.
- First of all, you need to unlock the Nokia 2 bootloader.
- You will also need a PC / laptop and a USB cable.
- Download the Magisk or Super SU.zip files.
- The device battery should be at least 50% charged for a smoother process.
- Download and install the latest Nokia 2.1 USB Drivers on your computer.
- Download ADB and Fastboot for Windows
- Unofficial TWRP for Nokia 2.1 | Download
- Decryption files Download
Installa TWRP Recovery su Nokia 2.1
After downloading all the required files and following the requirements, let's now move on to the installation process.
- First of all, make sure you enable the Developer option and USB debugging
- To enable the developer option, go to Settings -> System -> About phone -> Now tap on the build number 7-8 times until you see a welcome message " Developer option enabled "
- Now go to Developer Options in settings and Enable USB Debugging
- Enable USB debugging by tapping the toggle button
- That's all. You have enabled USB debugging.
- Now open the ADB and FASTBOOT folder and open the Command / PowerShell window by holding down the SHIFT key + Press the right mouse button.
- Turn off your Nokia 2.1 and press the Volume Up and Power button at the same time to open Fastboot mode or enter the command [to enter the command, you need to connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
adb reboot bootloader
- You need to check if your Nokia 2.1 is connected correctly by typing the command below
- Now to install TWRP Recovery, type the following command in the command window.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- That's all! TWRP custom recovery was successfully installed on Nokia 2.1.
How to root Nokia 2.1
We have prepared both methods to root our device, you can choose between SuperSU or Magisk. Take a look below.
How to Root Nokia 2.1 using SuperSU
How to root Nokia 2.1 using Magisk
Warning: Do not try to install both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk
So that's it, guys. Now you know how to install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 2.1 and root it. So, give it a try if you like to personalize your phone. We hope this guide was useful to you.