Follow this guide to learn how to wipe data and hard reset your Samsung Galaxy A51. The Galaxy A51 comes with the Exynos 9611 chip and 4/6/8 GB of RAM. It is a very fast and snappy phone. However, there are times when the phone doesn't respond as it should, even though it has 8GB of RAM.
There are times when the phone gets sluggish, apps start closing on their own, and the overall experience gets bad. If your Galaxy A51 behaves the same way, a factory reset will most likely fix the problem.
How to wipe data and factory reset on Samsung Galaxy A51
There are many reasons why you should reset your phone. Firstly, Android is known to slow down after just a few months of use. As a result, a reboot should be performed from time to time to bring the phone up to full speed. However, there are times when a simple restart doesn't fix the problem and the only solution is to reset the phone entirely.
- How to fix Samsung Galaxy A51 stuck in Bootloop
Why should you restore your Samsung Galaxy A51
The Samsung Galaxy A51 has very good specs for its price and works almost everything without lag. However, the Android system may slow down and decrease the speed of the phone to the point where it becomes unusable. In this case, it is recommended to restore the factory settings.
A reset will delete everything on the phone, including useless and outdated data that may slow down your phone. After a factory reset, your phone will be as new and fast as before.
Another reason to clear data is to exit a boot cycle. An Android phone enters a boot cycle when users install a custom ROM other than the old ROM. The only solution to this is to clear the data.
1. Reset Galaxy A51 - Factory reset via settings
This method is very popular because there is no need to turn off the phone. All you have to do is go to the settings menu and choose the option that clears everything.
- Unlock the phone and go up Settings.
- Scroll down and tap General management and choose Restore.
- From all the options, tap Factory data reset. The phone will list all files that will be deleted and all applications that will be uninstalled.
- Toccata Restore.
This will delete everything on the phone including your Google account, apps and system data, installed apps, music, pictures and all other user data.
- How to perform firmware installation on Galaxy A51 with ODIN
2. Galaxy A51 reset: Factory reset via recovery mode
This method requires you to enter recovery mode to wipe data and perform a factory reset. This is especially useful when your phone is stuck in a boot loop and you can't reset your phone via the first method.
- Press and hold the power button on your Galaxy A51. Touch Switch off.
- Once the phone is completely off, press and hold i at the same time increase buttons of volume and power on. Hold them until you see the Samsung startup animation logo.
- You will see many options in recovery mode. Use the volume up and down keys to highlight Wipe data / factory reset and press the power button to select it.
- The phone will ask you if you are sure you want to delete all data on your phone. Again, use the volume keys to highlight Yes and press the power button to select it.
All data from the Samsung Galaxy A51 will be erased. After the reset process is complete, restart your phone. The phone will boot up and be as good as new. It will ask you to go through the installation process.