It has happened to you a few times that you have deleted a message by mistake and for this reason we want to help you recover deleted SMS from your Android device. Best of all, with the latest smartphone models, you can also send and receive images and audio via SMS.
Often these messages remain forever in our inboxes and we don't bother to delete them. Can deleted messages be recovered? Text messages can be deleted for several reasons such as when you factory reset your phone or delete them accidentally or for a hundred, thousand other causes.
Nobody considers backing up messages until your messages are deleted from the inbox. Well maybe in the future you will, but now, you want to know how to recover deleted messages. Because? Because right now you needed one of them.
In this guide, we will share some methods to recover deleted text messages from smartphones. If you often sync your smartphone with your Google account, it is likely that your text messages have been saved to your Google account and you can easily retrieve them by syncing your smartphone with your Gmail account.
How to recover deleted SMS from Android
Method 1. Recover deleted Android SMS with your Google Account
How to recover deleted messages?
- Restart the phone by pressing the Home, Volume Down and Power buttons to enter recovery mode.
- Use the volume up and volume down buttons to scroll through the options, choose “Factory reset / wipe” by pressing the Home button.
- Restart your Android phone and on the boot screen, it will ask you to log into your Gmail account.
- Enter your Gmail account credentials and synchronize your smartphone with it.
Done! You will now be able to recover deleted SMS from your phone. This only works if you backed up the messages to your Gmail account before the messages were deleted. An Internet connection is required to restore messages.
Method 2. Recover deleted SMS from mobile using a data recovery tool
The method we have talked about is not very reliable for retrieving messages. The best way to recover deleted messages from your smartphone is to rely on data recovery software like Androidphonesoft.
It is a flawless and amazing program that can not only recover text messages from your Android phone but also music, videos, pictures, contacts, notes and other information that have been deleted.
It is possible to recover deleted files and documents on almost all Android smartphone models including Samsung, LG, Motorola, Google, OnePlus, etc. Below we will show you how to recover deleted SMS from Android.
- From your Windows or Mac computer, visit TunesBro official site and install the software on your computer. After that, launch the program on your PC to check all features provided by this tool.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Android device by going through Settings and then Development and scroll down to activate USB Debugging Mode.
- Now, connect your smartphone to the PC via the USB data cable and wait for it to be recognized by the software. If you are connecting your device for the first time, you need to download the necessary drivers so that your computer can detect it. Tip: Enabling USB debugging mode is required or deleted messages cannot be recovered.
- Finally, click on “Start Scan” from the Disklab tool for Android and wait for the program to scan the entire Android smartphone.
- Once the scanning operation is completed, the program will show all the deleted data in the respective folders. Click on "Messages" to view only deleted SMS on your smartphone. Now, select all the text messages you want to restore and click the “Recover Deleted Android Messages” button at the bottom corner of the tool.
Tip: If you only want to view deleted messages, press the yellow software button that says “Show deleted items only”. The process is finished and you can see the deleted messages in the destination folder where you saved them.
It must become a habit to back up the data on your phone on a weekly or bi-monthly basis, so that you don't have the fear of losing data in the future. Even if you do, programs like Androidphonesoft are always able to serve you and recover deleted files and data from your Android smartphone at any time.
Please note that this program works with Android phones and all other smartphone models. Furthermore, it is possible to recover other types of data as well as contacts, pictures, music, videos, notes, WhatsApp, etc.