So can you recover deleted files from PC for free? Digital data is an indispensable part of our life. Our computers contain some of our most important data - study notes, theses, personal data, business documents, and many other data that we cannot afford to lose.
Accidental data loss is a very common problem that can happen to anyone. Unfortunately, not everyone knows how to recover deleted files on PC. In this tutorial, we will go through the specific steps you can take to quickly recover those files.
Next, we will show you what happens when the files are deleted. Please note that this tutorial is useful for accidentally deleted data recovery it is very intuitive and easy to understand.
How to recover deleted files from PC for free
Recover deleted data on Windows
Backup is important for restoring data in Windows
- Please recover deleted data from a backup if you have it.
- If you don't have a backup, you should go to the Windows Recycle Bin to see if any important files you need are left there.
Recover deleted files using recycle bin:
- First, right-click on its icon on the desktop.
- Scegliere apri from the context menu.
- Check if the files are there and select the ones you want to recover.
- Right-click the required files.
- Select Recover from the context menu to retrieve the files you have chosen (you can also drag them directly out of the Trash).
Can't find the files you need? Don't worry, you still have a chance to recover the files you deleted.
- To recover permanently deleted files, you can right-click on the file and choose Restore Previous Versions, in case System Restore is enabled.
- Also, a free data recovery software, such as MiniTool Power Data Recovery, can help you recover deleted files for free (it provides you with quality data recovery service).
How can I recover my files after accidentally deleting them? Data recovery on Windows 10, Windows 7 or other operating systems are basically the same.
How to recover deleted files with data recovery software Power Data Recovery:
- Download MiniTool Power Data Recovery and install it on a drive that does not contain the files you intend to recover.
- Run the program; supports all common file types, such as photos and videos.
Steps to recover deleted files after emptying the Recycle Bin:
- Choose the function What PC in the left sidebar.
- Choose the partition that contains the deleted files. (You can indicate the type of file you need by clicking Settings)
- click on Scan and wait for the scan to complete.
- Browse the scan or scan results and mark the desired files.
- click on Save to set a location to save files.
- Click its ok to confirm the action and wait for the data recovery task to complete.
Once all operations are completed, you can complete the process of recovering lost and deleted files.
This is how deleted files are recovered from the PC when using a Windows PC (it also includes a way to recover data stored in the cloud like OneDrive).
Restore deleted files on Mac
If you want to successfully perform data recovery on Mac, you can use the “Time Machine” function; However, there is an even better recovery program: the miniTool Mac Data Recovery program for recovering deleted files.
Download MiniTool Mac Data Recovery, install and run it to start hard drive data recovery.
- click on Undelete Recovery,the function designed to recover deleted files.
- Choose the drive that contains the deleted Mac files.
- click on Scan and wait for it to complete.
- Browse the data you found and choose the files you need (recover documents and photos).
- click on Save and choose a destination path.
- Click its ok and wait for the file recovery on the Mac to finish
What happens when a file is deleted?
What happens when a file is deleted on a Windows PC?
The file itself is not deleted: when we delete a file from Windows Explorer, Windows will move it to the recycle bin and mark it as deleted; even if it is deleted from the recycle bin, the actual data remains. This is why it is possible to recover deleted files or folders with the help of a data recovery program.
Where do the deleted files go?
When files are deleted from your computer, they are moved to the recycle bin or similar place, depending on the operating system. They will remain there until they are permanently deleted, you can also restore the deleted files to their original location if needed. They are then permanently deleted, the sectors occupying 0 are marked and new data can occupy those sectors. When permanently deleted files are overwritten then there is no way to get them back.
How can I recover permanently deleted files?
First, you need to download and install MiniTool Power Data Recovery on your computer. Next, open the software and use the form This PC. You can then choose the target device which contains all the files you want to recover for scanning. When the scan results are displayed, you need to choose the necessary files and a destination path to save them.
How to recover deleted files on Android?
If you want to recover data directly from your Android device, we have written this guide just for you.