How to record a call on your Android device using a third party app. You can record calls on your Android phone using a third party app, as long as the other person has authorized you.
You can record a call on your Android using a third-party app or platform, such as Google Voice. If you use Google Voice to route calls to your Android phone, you can set up recording of incoming calls but cannot record outgoing calls.
Recording a phone call can present legal and ethical issues if you do not inform all parties involved that it is being recorded.
Yes, you can legally record a phone call on the phone. The law allows a call to be recorded as long as the other party is aware of it. However, the rules may vary by state, so it's important to be informed.
So once you have studied the laws and the person on the other line has agreed to be recorded, for ethical or legal reasons, here's how to record a call on your Android.
How to record incoming calls on an Android with Google Voice
- Open Google voice on your PC or Mac computer and click on the gear icon, then hit "Calls" in the left menu.
- Scroll to "Incoming Call Options" and turn it on.
- When an incoming call that you want to record starts, press “4” on the phone to start recording and again to stop recording.
How to record a phone call on iPhone
How to record calls on an Android with Call Recorder
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device and download the Call Recorder - Call Recorder app.
- Open the app, grant it permission to access your calls, contacts, etc., then go to “SETTINGS” in the top right corner.
- The app will record all calls by default, so customize your settings as you wish.
Record calls on Android with Automatic Call Recorder
Call Recorder by Appliqato is a simple yet effective recording app. Before registering anything, it's best to configure the app settings in the Settings menu. Here, you can enable or disable the option for Automatically record every incoming and outgoing call. You can also choose to record only certain contacts and ignore others.
Remember to choose an audio format for your recordings. After registration, files can be sent to a service such as Dropbox or Google Drive, if set up. There is also an option to activate recording if you shake the phone.
If you leave automatic recording turned on by default, just make or receive a call and the recording begins. After finishing the call, open Automatic Call Recorder to view the recording.
From the options screen, you can save the call as an audio file on your phone, add call notes, delete the recording or share it via email, social media and other services. The free version of Automatic Call Recorder contains advertisements.
It's a good idea to turn off “Call Recording” at the top of the app, only turning it on when you want to proactively record a call, rather than leaving recording as the default.