How to Play Multimedia Files on Smart TV with WiFi Direct Android, if you like to capture pictures on your smartphone then you need to have some of them stored on your device. So you can show the photos to your friends and brag about your photographic prowess which is a great thing. Even looking at photos they will never be able to see the details of your photos if you have a smartphone with a small screen.
The best way to show your skills and your content to your friends is to play multimedia files on a Smart TV. The content will be much sharper and maybe you'll get some applause too. Connecting the Wi-Fi enabled device to your Smart TV is a breeze if you know the right way.
Things you need to know:
Since we will be using the WiFi Direct feature to stream content to your Smart TV, the device should have that built in. Both devices should be on the same WiFi network.
WiFi Direct setting on your Smartphone
- Enabling the WiFi Direct option on your Android device is very simple.
- Open the App menu and tap the “Settings” icon.
- This will open the Settings menu from which you can change all device settings.
- Once open, tap on the “Wi-Fi” option.
- It should be the first option in the Settings menu.
- The next screen should show all the networks available on the WiFi.
- Tap the option that says “Wi-Fi Direct”.
- It will allow you to manage the WiFi settings.
- On the next screen, you can see all the Wi-Fi Direct enabled devices that are in range and can be connected to the device.
- Tap the name of your Smart TV and it should connect.
- Then your device will have been successfully connected to your Smart TV.
- It's all ready for you to stream content from your Android device to your TV.
Stream music to your Smart TV
To listen to your favorite music from your device on the TV:
- Open the Music Player app.
- Pressing on any track you want to listen to and you will be taken to the Now Playing interface in the same app.
- Tap on the small WiFi icon available in the top left corner and it should start streaming your music to your TV.
Stream YouTube video to your TV
If YouTube is where you watch your favorite videos, you'd like to watch them on your TV. Fortunately, the WiFi Direct feature works with YouTube as well.
To watch YouTube videos on your TV:
- Click on the YouTube app on your device.
- Search for any video you want to watch and let it go.
- Tap the small WiFi Direct icon available before the search icon at the top right.
- As soon as you touch it, it will immediately start streaming the video to your TV.
The steps for streaming video and other images would be the same, just play the content and then click that little icon and it will start streaming to your TV. That's all there is to it.
With the existence of technology such as WiFi Direct on the market, you will no longer need any cables to connect the device to the TV. Everything can be shared over WiFi with a few taps of your fingers, without messing with wires.
- How to connect Motorola Moto G8 Plus to TV
- 11 applications to share files between Android, iOS or PC mobile phones
- How to connect the Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus to the TV
- How to connect the Samsung Galaxy A41 to the TV
- How to turn TV into Smart TV