In this article, you will learn how to perform firmware installation on Galaxy A51 with ODIN. The Samsung Galaxy A51 comes with Android 10 Pie out of the box with a 2.5 UI skin. As with any other Android device, you can install several custom ROMs on the Galaxy A51.
A ROM drastically changes the way your phone looks and feels and can improve battery life in some cases. While custom firmware is a good thing to have, it may sometimes be necessary to revert to a stock ROM, for a variety of reasons.
For example, a custom ROM might cause some unexpected problems and sometimes it can even freeze the phone completely (flashing the wrong firmware). In any case, it is always good to know how to perform firmware installation on Galaxy A51 with ODIN.
Why install firmware on Galaxy A51 with ODIN
- Phone locked: when users install a ROM or mod not designed for their phone model, they lock the phones. When a phone is locked, a boot cycle is initiated and a factory reset cannot fix it.
- Install the official firmware: if you have changed the current firmware or installed various mods, installing the firmware on the Galaxy A51 is a good way to get the phone back in stock. The new firmware will overwrite the old one and reset everything.
PrerequisitesBefore you can actually flash any files, you need to enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock. USB debugging is required because it allows the phone to communicate with the computer.
- Go to Settings> About phone> Software information. Quickly tap 7 times on Build number to enable the Developer options.
- Go up Settings> Developer options and touch Debug USB. This will allow the phone to communicate with the computer to install the new firmware.
- Go up Settings> Developer options and enable OEM unlocking.
- Make sure you have at least 60% of autonomy left. If your phone freezes during the installation process, it will not shut down.
- Download the latest Samsung USB drivers for the Galaxy A51 (Download)
DownloadYou also need a stock firmware to flash your phone. There are many ways to get a firmware. There are a number of websites that host these files. We highly recommend that you use Frija to download the correct firmware on your Galaxy A51. It is the easiest way and has the fastest download speeds.
- Odin ( Download )
- Frija ( Download )
Steps to perform firmware installation on Galaxy A51 with ODINThis process is relatively safe. It is a routine procedure for solving some of the most common problems with Samsung phones. Follow the tutorial below very carefully and don't miss any of the steps. If you don't do as mentioned, you could end up bricking up and damaging your phone to the point of no return. We are not responsible for any damage to the phone. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you download both the ODIN flashing tool and Galaxy A51 stock firmware from the download links above and extract both packages.
- Launch the extracted ODIN file.
- Turn off your phone and go in download mode. To do this, hold down the buttons at the same time reduction of volume and power on.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the supplied USB cable. If the USB drivers are installed correctly, check the box ID: WITH in ODIN it will turn blue.
- Click the button AP / PDA and select the extracted firmware button.
- Go up options and be sure to disable Division and enable the automatic restart e F.
- Click on the button Start and wait for the firmware to be installed on your Galaxy A51.
Once the installation process is finished, ODIN will show a green “PASS” text with the time needed to install the firmware. The phone will automatically restart a few times before booting. When the phone boots for the last time, it will run the newly installed stock firmware. If you have any questions, please let us know below.
- How to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10 using ODIN
- How to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus using ODIN
- How to install firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10e using ODIN
- How to download the latest version of Odin
- How to perform firmware installation on Galaxy S20 FE with ODIN