How to Pair Amazon Fire Stick Remote? The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a great way to stream TV shows or movies, or even watch live events. But your TV won't be that smart if you don't know how to pair the Amazon Fire Stick remote. By learning how to pair different types of remotes, you'll be able to get back to binge-watching your favorite shows in no time.
How to pair the Amazon Fire Stick remote
Amazon Fire Stick is automatically paired with Fire TV immediately. All you have to do is turn on the TV and start streaming. However, the remote sometimes loses connection with the Fire TV and has to be paired manually. Here's how to pair an Amazon Fire Stick remote:
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote control for 20 seconds. This is the button with the house icon. You may need to do this multiple times if it doesn't mate in the first few attempts. Note: It's easier to pair the remote if you're less than 10 feet from the Fire TV device.
- Check the lights on the remote. The light from the top of the device will change from slow blinking to fast blinking. For XNUMXnd generation Alexa voice remotes, an amber light flashes rapidly when the remote enters discovery mode.
- Look for signs that the remote has been paired correctly. For XNUMXnd generation Alexa voice remotes, the remote control light emits three blue flashes when paired. For remotes with no light, check the bottom of the TV screen for a message saying the remote is connected.
How to pair a replacement remote control
If your original remote has been broken or lost, you can pair the Fire Stick with another remote. Here's how to do it.
- Unplug the Fire Stick from the power outlet for 10 seconds.
- Then, plug it back in . After the Amazon Fire TV home screen appears, the remote is ready to pair.
- Press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds. Your new remote should automatically pair with the Amazon Fire TV.
- A message will appear on the screen when it has been successfully paired.
How to pair a second remote control
Amazon Fire Stick can also be paired with compatible third-party remotes. You can add up to seven remotes to your Fire Stick, and if you've reached the limit, you'll need to unpair one of them. Follow the steps below to add another remote to your Fire TV device.
- Open the Settings menu at the top of the screen.
- Then, select Bluetooth controllers and devices.
- Then select Amazon Fire TV Remotes, then Add New Remote . Amazon Fire TV will search for detectable remotes and display them in a list.
- Press and hold the Home button on the new remote for 10 seconds.
- Using your existing remote, select the name of the new remote from the TV screen.
- A message will appear on the screen when it has been successfully paired .
How to use your phone as a Fire Stick remote
If you don't want to buy a new remote, you can simply use the Amazon Fire TV app as a remote. The app can be downloaded to an Amazon Fire phone, Fire Tablet, Android device (version 4.0 or later), or iOS device (version 7.0 or later). To pair a remote using the app, follow these steps.
- Download and install the Amazon Fire TV app. Make sure you download the app from AMZN Mobile LLC. Note: Your smartphone and Amazon Fire Stick must be on the same Wi-Fi network for the app to work.
- Open the app and select your Fire TV device. L' app will show a list of devices at the bottom of the app screen.
- Log in with your Amazon username and password.
- Copy the four-digit PIN from your TV to your app.
- Now you can use your phone to control the TV screen. Once pairing is complete, you will see the remote control buttons on the smartphone screen. You can continue to use your device as a remote or use it to pair a new remote by following the steps in the previous section with your app.
Reset Amazon Fire Stick
If all else fails, you can always reset the Fire Stick. All you have to do is replace the batteries in the remote. To open the battery compartment on the back of the remote, place your thumb in the recess on the back of the remote and slide the cover down. If the problem persists, your device may need to be updated. Find out how to update your Amazon Fire Stick here.