In this simple guide we will see how to install TWRP and root the Moto G5 Plus. In the previous article we saw how to unlock the bootloader of the Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus, an obligatory operation to be carried out if you want to install TWRP and root the Moto G5 Plus.
TWRP recovery for the Moto G5 Plus is available. The Moto G5 Plus was recently released by Motorola. The device being new to the developers and they had not yet had the opportunity to root and install TWRP custom recovery on the Moto G5 Plus.
We have to thank the developer of the well-known XDA forum recognized member Santhosh M who created and released the unofficial TWRP custom recovery for Moto G5 Plus. Thanks to this developer in this guide we will see how to install TWRP and root the Moto G5 Plus.
The Moto G5 Plus bootloader is easily unlockable as we have already told you before, once you have followed the guide, then you can easily root and install TWRP recovery on the Moto G5 Plus. Follow the guide below to install TWRP custom recovery and receive Root permissions on the Moto G5 Plus.
The process of receiving root permissions on the Moto G5 Plus is very simple, but before you can root the Moto G5 Plus, you need to unlock its bootloader, the link can be found at the top of the article.
Even with the root you invalidate the warranty of the phone, follow the steps correctly otherwise you could lock the device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
With root you will delete all the data on your phone, so we recommend that you first make a full backup of your phone and then proceed. Make sure your phone's battery is at least 50/60% charged.
- Install the ADB and fastboot drivers for Windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and reboot. If you have already installed the drivers you can skip this step.
- Download and install the drivers for the Moto G5 Plus, if the older drivers don't work.
- Download TWRP recovery for the Moto G5 Plus (XDA) and place it in the folder where you have installed ADB and rename it in ' recovery.img '.
- Download Magisk to root Moto G5 Plus and copy it to your phone in the SD card.
- Scaricate Dm Variety disabler for Moto G5 Plus (no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1)
How to install TWRP and root Moto G5 Plus
- First enable USB debugging in settings> developer options>. To activate the Developer options, go to About phone and tap the build number 7 times.
- Now go to the ADB folder in the installation directory and open a command window, hold down the 'shift' key and right click anywhere in that folder.
- Now connect the phone to the PC and restart the device in fastboot mode by typing the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- You are now in Fastboot mode, if it shows you the serial number of the device it means that the device has been connected correctly. Otherwise repeat the steps paying attention to the command.
- Type the following command in the command prompt correctly and then hit enter. This will start installing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- With this command you have installed the custom recovery on your Moto G5 Plus.
- To root the Moto G5 Plus, first, download the Magisk v11.6.zip file and the no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file from above.
- Boot the device into TWRP recovery.
- Once in TWRP recovery click on "Never show this screen on boot again", and go to Swipe to allow the change.
- Now go to the "Wipe" section and tap "Format data" and type "yes"
- Reboot into TWRP custom recovery and copy Magisk v11.6.zip and no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip file to phone.
- Now switch to install zip and select the 'no-verity-opt-encrypt-5.1.zip' file and install it.
- Now reboot the device again into TWRP recovery.
- Also install the Magisk file, clean cache and Dalvik cache and reboot.
- Once your phone has restarted, go to the Magisk Manager application.
If you have any questions, comment below.