Here is an article that will explain how to download the Google Play Store for free in its latest version and install it now on your Android smartphone.
Google Play Store is free, but many devices are released without the Google application installed. Another possibility is to accidentally delete the app via services like Titanium Backup. In any case, it can be very simple (re) to install and enjoy all the contents of your Android smartphone. Check out this article:
How to install Google Play Store on your Android phone
The Play Store cannot be installed as a simple APK
Let's make one thing clear before we move on: if your device doesn't have the Play Store pre-installed, you can't download or install it as a simple APK file. If so installed, the Google Play Store will freeze once opened.
The situation is different if you have already installed the Play Store on your smartphone. In this case, please follow the instructions below to download the latest version or fix any app errors.
How to download the latest version of the APK from the Google Play Store
The most recent version of the Play Store at the moment is 9.1.24 of March 7, 2018. To download other versions of the store, access this link which takes you to the APK Mirror website.
Download the Google Play Store APK
Latest version of the Google Play Store:
- Google Play Store 9.1.24
- Google Play Store 9.1.23
- Google Play Store 9.0.30
- Google Play Store 9.0.15
- Google Play Store 8.9.30
- Google Play Store 8.9.24
How to install the Google Play Store APK
Nothing is easier than installing an APK. You should already know what it is and how to install an APK file. But if you are a beginner, we will explain it to you. An APK is the Android equivalent of an .exe program on your computer. There are two ways to install the Google Play Store APK on your device: directly on your smartphone or first on your computer. We describe both methods below.
Install the Google Play Store (directly on your smartphone)
- Enable "Unknown sources" by going to Settings> Security and check the corresponding box. Don't worry, the unknown sources are all located outside the Play Store itself (but be sure to uncheck the option once the installation is complete);
- Using the browser of your device, from above or from the XDA forum or the APK Mirror website to download APK from the latest version of the Play Store;
- You should get a warning that the download may harm your device. Ignore it and click OK;
- Open the APK (by clicking on the notification of the download just completed in the notification bar), read the new permissions (if any) and click on “Install”.
Install the Google Play Store (from your computer)
If you don't have a Wi-Fi connection on your device, download the APK to your computer. The process is similar:
- Enable the installation of third-party applications on the smartphone;
- Using your PC browser, go to XDA Developers or APK Mirror to download the APK from the latest version of the Play Store;
- Connect the device to the computer with a USB cable and copy the APK to your Android smartphone;
- Click on the APK, accept the permissions and select "Install".
Error installing Google Play
Google Services Framework is an essential service that allows the Play Store to communicate with applications on your device, allowing for automatic updates and normal operation of the app store. If these functions stop working or if there is a problem, this service could be the cause. Clear the cache of the Google Play Store and Google Play services. To do it:
- Go to Settings> Apps;
- Select Google Play Store and then click on “Clear cache“;
- Do the same for Google Play Services;
- This should solve most problems related to the functioning of the Play Store.
How to install the Play Store on LineageOS, ResurrectionRemix, AOSP and other custom ROMs
If you have rooted your device, you have installed a custom ROM and there is no Play Store, just download the Google apps from the page: opengapps.org. To download this package, you will need your Android data. Download the CPU-Z application to read all the information about your device. The app can be downloaded directly from the developer page.
Also included in the package is the Google Play Services, which is necessary for the proper functioning of Google applications.
The ZIP file downloaded previously can be installed through the custom recovery that you downloaded earlier and which was useful for you to install the custom rom on your smartphone.
When you open the custom recovery, click on Install, search and install the Google apps package. After restarting the device, the Google Play Store will be available on your phone.How to fix Play Store errors
How To Fix Play Store Errors! Has it ever happened to you ? You find an interesting application and try to download it only to receive a cryptic error message containing seemingly random numbers from the Google Play Store. It's frustrating, right? Here are some of the most common Google Play Store errors and how to fix them. If you want to learn more, continue reading the article: How to fix Play Store errorHow to install Google Play Store on any Chinese Rom or phone
How to install the Google Play Store on any Rom, or Chinese phone. Google, is the owner of Android and also of the Google Play Store. Recently Google had some problems with some Chinese companies that make smartphones. This is the reason why some Chinese phones don't have Android stock firmware and don't have the Play Store installed. If you are interested in knowing how to install the Google Play Store on any Rom or Chinese phone, read this article.