So you want to know how to find android phone even when it is turned off. When you lose a device, the worst thing that can happen is that the phone is turned off, making it difficult to find, as traditional or more common methods of finding it won't work.
These measures, such as calling the device or triggering an alarm remotely, will not work, thus leaving few options for locating it. For this reason it is necessary to know the methods that can be used in these particular and difficult to solve cases.
This is why in this tutorial we will explain step by step how can you find your phone even if it has been turned off, in this way you will have a high chance of locating it quickly.
How do I find my Android phone - Requirements
It is really possible to find lost or stolen Android phone, even if it is turned off, you just have to keep in mind that it is necessary meet some requirements to have the current location or partial of the lost equipment.
The requirements are as follows:
- It is important that you are logged in, with a Google account or if you have an iOS device, with an active iCloud account.
- You must have been connected to the internet, via Wi-Fi or data connection on the device that has been lost and be connected in the Play Store or iCloud.
- Make your device visible your Play Store or iCloud.
- The location tool must be activated on the lost phone.
- On Android devices the function must be activated "Find my device", if it is deactivated, simply perform the following operations to activate it: "Settings"> "Security and location"> "Find my device"> "Activate the options to locate the equipment".
- In the case of using different apps to locate a lost or stolen phone, these must be previously installed on the phone and the user accounts must be synchronized with them.
- Activate GPS location before it goes out.
Steps to find android phone even if it is turned off
The tools or methods that can be used to locate Android phone even when it is turned off are few and far between they will only let you know the last location you accessed the internet, using GPS.
How to find off Android phone
Follow our steps and ideas:
1. History of locations
In Google there is a feature that will allow you to see the history of all the locations where your phone is connected to the network. This way, you will be in degree of know the latest available position and then get an idea of where the phone might be.
For this you have to enter or directly in the app of Google Maps and click "Your history". This feature can also be used on an iOS device as long as this tool is installed.
2. How to locate a cellphone, using Google support
You can use Google's Android device manager and support website to find your forgotten Android device. To do this you just have to go to the following link e follow the steps we will explain below:
- Once you enter the website, you should look for the section that says "Wizard", in this section click "Find my phone".
- Now you will select the mobile device that you have lost. You may only see one or more, this will depend on how many of these are synced with your Google account.
- After selecting the equipment you will have to confirm that you are a user, for this you just have to enter the password to access your account.
- Eventually you will need to select the option that says "Finds", which is next to the name of the computer that was lost.
- After clicking on the above option, a window will open that shows the approximate GPS position device.
- The other options shown they are for cases where you can't reset your device, but you can protect your personal information.
3. With Google photos
In case the mobile device has been used for take a picture before it went out, You can use its location as a reference to where your mobile device may be.
It will only work if you have enabled photo syncing in Google photos and the option to add location to activated photos. This option can be activated from the camera configuration options.
Using Find My Samsung
This tool is only available for Samsung, so if you don't have these devices, ignore this option. The website allows users to easily find lost devices.
For this you just have to create an account and have previously synced data of your mobile on the web. If the data in this was not synchronized before it was lost, this procedure will be useless.
To find it you need to do the following:
- Enter the web and log in.
- Now you just have to click on the option that says "Find my device".
- Now you can see all the places the phone has been in 12 hour course.
How to track an Android cellphone with remote location apps
There are many tools that can be installed on your phone with the intention of locating them in case of loss. There is only one detail and that is that these apps must be installed before the device is lost and turned off. Otherwise they won't be useful.
Among the different that we can see are:
This app will allow you to remotely observe the location of your lost device. It has several versions that can be used, but the one you are interested in this time is Ceberus (anti-theft).
You just have to go to the download section to be able to locate the one you are interested in, download and install it on your device.
To use it you need to do the following:
- Once installed on your mobile or tablet, you have to register; Save and remember this information well, as it will be used to log in from the app interface.
- Now you just have to access the Ceberus website and access it.
- Look for the option “find my phone” in so you can know the most recent position of your terminal on the GPS map.
Download Cerberus Android APK
2. Lost Android
To be able to use it, you just need to register using your Google account, obviously it must be the same as the device you want to find. You can download the software directly from the Play Store and once installed you can use its many functions.
While it doesn't have a very striking user interface, it is useful for what is required. Making it one of the better options to locate in these cases.
After completing the setup and registration process for your mobile device, you should only register on the web with the same account you used on your computer.
To locate the lost terminal, you need to click on the option "Map", this will show you the last available location of the equipment. Remember that the GPS option must be activated previously or it will not work.
3. Find my iPhone on iOS
If you want to locate a lost Apple mobile that is turned off, you need to use the feature Find my iPhone, which will allow you to access the location of all devices associated with that account. For this you must be previously registered at iCloud with your mobile phone, it must also be connected to the Internet.
After entering the feature, the GPS will give you the exact location and it will also make the sound easier for you in case it is turned on, to help you in the task of finding it.
4. Antivirus and Security | Lookout
This software is one of the few available to locate a lost Android phone. However, it is very useful and easy to use. But as in the previous cases, must be previously installed in order to be used, otherwise it will be totally useless.
To use it you have to download and install it on your terminal, Once the registration process is complete, this information is what you will use to access the web remotely to find your device in cases where it is lost.
When you log in you will need to look for the option that says “Signal Flare” o “Signal flare” . This will take care of showing you the last location of the device while it has been connected to the network.
How to find Android phone even if it is lost or stolen?
As we have already said to find Android phone you need the function "Find my device" either activated. It is available on Android, to set it up you have to do the following:
- Inserisci "Settings".
- Choose the option "Google".
- Now select the option "Safety".
- Click on the option "Find my device". Here you see that it is activated; You will find the activation swicth right at the top of the screen, under the name of the function. (Remember that you must have downloaded and installed the application "Find my device")
It should be noted that location and GPS options must be turned on on devices so they can be found remotely.