In this article we will see how to find and add new Procreate brushes. It only takes a few moments to add the brushes to Procreate. You can add brushes to Procreate by downloading the .brush files to your iPad. The new Procreate brushes can be downloaded or purchased from a variety of websites. You can download Procreate brushes to your iPad, save them in the Files app, and then “share” them on Procreate.
How to find and add new Procreate brushes
Procreate is one of the first drawing apps for iPad. With a variety of features and an interface designed specifically for the iPad, it's a great app for artists. One of these features is the ability to add new brushes.
Procreate lets you import .brush and .brushset files into the app, giving you a huge amount of new tools to fiddle with. Here's how to add new brushes to Procreate.
How to find new Procreate brushes to add
Before you can add brushes, you'll need to find them. Procreate accepts both .brush files (which are single brushes) and .brushset files (which are packages of multiple brushes).
Probably the best site for this is Brushes for Procreate. A huge gallery of brushes from creators around the world, Brushes for Procreate offers free and premium downloads. They also have an iPad app that lets you quickly install your new brushes.
You can also check out Creative Market, a website that specializes in add-ons for a wide variety of art apps. None of their brushes are free, but they are of high quality.
How to download Procreate for free
How to add Procreate brushes directly from your iPad
1. Download .brush or .brushset files from Safari, an email or any app with which they were sent to you.
2. The brushes will be saved in the Files app. Open this app and find the files you downloaded - they will probably be in the section Download. If they are in a .ZIP file, tap the .ZIP file first to extract the brushes.
3. Press and hold your finger on a brush file, then select Share.
4. Scroll through the suggested apps and tap Other, then select Procreates from the list.
5. Procreate will open and the brush file will be imported.
You will now be able to find them in the section import of your brush menu.