How to download Netflix on a Samsung TV. Are you excited to finally have Netflix on your TV? Watching your favorite shows and latest movies on a big screen can be even better than watching a movie or TV series on your desktop or mobile device. Before you sit back and relax in front of your Samsung TV, you need to know how to download the Netflix app. This article will teach you just that.
How to download Netflix on a Samsung TV
The Netflix app download process is the same for smart TVs, home theaters, game consoles, and similar streaming devices. Many of them will already have Netflix installed when they first turn on, or their remote will have a Netflix button.
Take a look at the remote control and the main menu of the TV. If you don't see Netflix anywhere, you should download it from the TV app store. If you cannot find the app store, please consult the user manual or contact the Samsung service center for instructions. Also, make sure your TV model supports Netflix.
Read also: How to set up parental controls on Netflix
1. How to download Netflix
To download the Netflix app from the Samsung App Store, do the following:
- Turn on the TV and make sure it is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- In the main menu, choose Samsung Apps. You will be directed to the app store.
- On the left, you will see a menu with different categories of apps. On top of that, there is a search bar. If you don't already see the Netflix icon on the right, enter Netflix in the search bar and click the magnifying glass.
- Select the Netflix icon.
- Select the blue Download button.
- Go back to the main screen and find Netflix.
2. How to start watching
After downloading the app, you can log into your Netflix account and start watching. If you're not sure how to do this, read below:
- Select the Netflix icon you now see on the home screen.
- Choose the Sign in option. You may see the following question instead of Sign in: Are you a Netflix member? You must select Yes and proceed. This is if you are already a Netflix subscriber.
- If you've never watched Netflix before, you need to choose a subscription plan and create an account first. You can sign up from the official Netflix website, where you will be presented with packages to choose from. Once you've provided Netflix with your personal and credit card information, you'll be able to create a password for your account and get started. If you already have an account, skip this step.
- Enter your email address and password. You may need to activate your account before logging in. If an activation code appears, go to this page and enter the code.
Does the remote control have a Smart Hub button? If yes, you can press the button and choose Netflix from there, then continue with the described steps.
3. How to get out
If you want to log out of your account and, for example, use another profile, here's what to do:
- Open the Netflix home screen and open the menu on the left.
- Choose Settings
- Find the Exit option and select it.
- Choose Yes to confirm your action.
Netflix doesn't work on my Samsung TV. What should I do?
There could be several reasons why Netflix isn't working on your Samsung TV. Here are some ideas on what to do if you have a problem.
It might interest you: Netflix keeps crashing on Samsung Smart TV - How to fix
1. Are you logged in?
Check your internet connection to make sure this is not the reason why Netflix is unable to connect or upload a video. Check if the router is turned on and if the TV is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Find the Menu or Home button on your remote and press it.
- You will open Settings and from there choose Network.
- Choose the network status.
- In a new window, you will see the network status of your TV. If you are not connected to a network, you can do it now.
2. Are you up to date?
You can check if the TV software is up to date by doing the following:
- Press the Home / Menu button on the remote control and open Settings.
- Select Support.
- Select Software Update and you will see if you are using the latest version or if you need to update the firmware.
3. Have you tried reloading?
If you can't get Netflix to work, you can reload it. After resetting the app, it might work.
- Open Netflix and select the gear icon to open Settings.
- Find the Get Help option and select it.
- Select the Reload Netflix option and try using the app again.
How to download Netflix on a Samsung TV: conclusion
If nothing works, you can choose to reset the Smart Hub. This will erase all apps and unlink all accounts, so make sure you remember the apps you want to install again. Also, write down any passwords you may need to re-enter.
- Press the Home / Menu button on the remote control and select Settings.
- Go to Support and open it.
- Choose Self Diagnosis and from there select Reset Smart Hub.
- Download Netflix again and try to play videos.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Cyberpunk 2077 and Death Stranding Join in a Crossover Event
- Halo Infinite Ray Tracing Will Come After the Launch of the Title
- Secret Action Guide Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
- All Available Need for Speed Rivals Cars
- Call of Duty Ghosts Trophies and Achievements Guide Platinum Ps3 1000 G 360