Download the latest iOS 14 update for your iPhone for free. This article will show you how to download iOS 14 to iPhone using your phone, Mac or PC.
What to know
- On your iPhone, go to Settings> General> Software Update> Install Now or Download and Install.
- Or use the Finder (Mac) or iTunes (Windows) app. Go to the iPhone management screen> Check for updates> Download and install.
- iOS 14 can be installed on all iPhones starting with iPhone 6S (2015) and later.
Which iPhones are compatible with iOS 14?
The following devices can install and run iOS 14. If you have one of these, you can upgrade to iOS 14.
- iPhone 11 series
- Serie iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone 8 series
- iPhone 7 series
- iPhone 6S Series
- iPhone SE series
- iPod touch 7th generation
Although the instructions in this article focus on the iPhone, they also apply to the 14th generation iPod touch. If you have this device, follow the same instructions to upgrade to iOS XNUMX.
How to download and install iOS 14 on iPhone
The quickest and easiest way to update iPhone to iOS 14 is to download it directly to your phone and install it directly from there. Here is what you need to do to download and install iOS 14 on iPhone
1. Make sure you are backing up your iPhone. It is rare for anything to go wrong when updating to iOS, but if so, it is vital that you have a fresh copy of your data that you can restore to your phone.
2. After backing up your iPhone, connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi. You can also use 4G or 5G, but Wi-Fi is often faster and has no monthly data limits (iOS updates are large files and use a lot of data!).
3. Once this is done, open the Settings.
4. Tap General.
5. Tap Software Update.
6. Your iPhone will check if there is an update available. If there is one available, tap on Install Now (you may also see Download and Install).
7. You may be asked to accept the terms or take other actions via a pop-up window. In this case, tap and continue.
8. The iOS 14 update for your iPhone will be downloaded. The time it takes depends on the speed of your connection.
9. Your iPhone will install iOS 14 and reboot. Eventually you will have installed iOS 14 on your iPhone. Tap the message on the screen and you'll be ready to start using it right away!
How to update iPhone to iOS 14 using a Mac or PC
If you'd rather update iPhone to iOS 14 using a PC or Mac, you can too. The steps are quite similar. Here is what you need to do to download and install iOS 14 on iPhone
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer using the USB cable or via Wi-Fi.
2. Back up your iPhone. The update process is usually quite simple, but in case something goes wrong, we recommend a fresh copy of your data that you can restore to your phone.
3. This step differs slightly depending on whether you have a Mac or Windows:
Windows: Open iTunes, if it's not already open, and click the iPhone icon in the top left corner.
Mac: Open a new Finder window and click your iPhone in the left sidebar.
If you're using macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and earlier, use iTunes instead of the Finder.
4. On the iPhone management screen, click Check for updates.
5. In the pop-up window, click Download and Install.
6. The iOS 14 update will be downloaded. The time required varies based on the speed of the Internet connection.
7. Your iPhone will install iOS 14 and reboot. Eventually you will have installed iOS 14 on your iPhone. Tap the message on the screen and you'll be ready to start using it right away!