If you wish download all Google Drive files on PC or Mac, you can download them from your online account to your computer. Download them directly from the Google Drive website, sync your files with Google Backup & Sync, or download them as a Google archive. For downloads over 5GB, sync your account on your computer using the free Google Backup and Sync program.
How to download all Google Drive files to PC or Mac using Google Drive
Log in to Google Drive. Open this site in your computer's web browser. If you are logged in to your Google account, the Google Drive page will open.
- Click Go to Google Drive if you are not logged in to your account and enter your email address and password.
- Click on a file or folder. This selects the file or folder in question.
- Select all the contents of Google Drive. To select all items, press Ctrl + A (on Windows) or Commande + A (on Mac). All objects on the page will turn blue.
- Click on the three vertical dots. This button is located at the top right of the page and opens a drop-down menu.
- Select Download. This option is found in the drop-down menu and allows you to upload Google Drive files to your computer.
- The files will be downloaded in ZIP format.
Wait for the download to finish. When all your Google Drive files are downloaded to your computer, you can extract them for viewing.
How to download all Google Drive files to PC or Mac using the Backup and Sync program
Go to the Backup and Sync page. Open this page on your web browser. Backup and Sync allows you to sync files between your Google account and your computer. All the files in your Google Drive will be downloaded to your computer. The advantage of this method is that any changes made to Google Drive will automatically be reflected in the Backup and Sync program on your computer.
- The blue Upload button is located under the Personal heading on the left side of the page.
- Select Accept and download. The Backup and Sync configuration file will be downloaded to your computer.
- Install Backup and Sync. Once the configuration file has been downloaded to your computer, try one of the following methods depending on your operating system.
- About Windows: double-click the configuration file, select Yes at the command prompt, then click Close when the installation is complete.
- On Mac: double-click the configuration file, verify installation, if prompted, drag the Backup and Sync icon to the Applications folder and wait for the installation to complete.
- Wait for the login page to open. Once installed on your computer, Backup and Sync will open a page that you can use to log into your Google account. Before continuing, you may need to click START first.
- Log into your Google account. Enter the Google Account email address and password for the Google Drive content you want to download.
- Choose the folders on your computer to sync them. Check the box next to the folders you want to upload to Google Drive.
- Uncheck all the boxes on the page if you don't want to transfer any files.
- Click NEXT. This button is at the bottom right of the window.
- Select OK when prompted. This will open the download page where you can select the Google Drive files to download to your computer.
- Check the Sync everything to My files box. This box is located at the top of the window and allows you to download the entire Google Drive to your computer.
- Click on START. This blue button is at the bottom right of the window. Click on it to start downloading Google Drive to your computer.
- The download may take some time depending on the amount of files to download.
At the end of the download, you will find your files in the Google Drive folder on your computer. This folder can be accessed by clicking the Backup & Sync icon and then the folder icon in the upper right corner of the Backup & Sync menu.
How to Download All Google Drive Files to PC or Mac - Download a Google Archive
Go to the Google account page. Open this page on your web browser. If you are logged in, the Google account settings page will open. If you are not logged in, click the blue Sign In button at the top right of the page and enter your email address and password.
- Click Set up your content. This option is found under the heading Personal Information and Privacy. You may need to scroll to see this option.
- Select create an archive. This button is located on the right side of the page under the heading Download your data.
- Click on cancel selection. This is the gray button on the right side of the page.
- Turn on the Drive switch. Scroll down and turn on the switch next to the Drive header. It will turn blue to indicate that the Google Drive files will be downloaded. If there are other Google products you want to include in the archive, drag the gray switch next to the products in question.
- Scroll down and click NEXT. This blue button is located at the bottom of the page.
- Select an archive size. Open the Archive size drop-down menu and select a size that matches (or exceeds) your Google Drive download. If the selected size is smaller than your Google Drive, the archive will be downloaded as several zip files.
- Click CREATE AN ARCHIVE for download all Google Drive files on PC or Mac. This button is located at the bottom of the page and allows you to create a ZIP folder of the Drive content.
- Wait until the archive is created. The process usually takes a few minutes, but you can move on to the next step when the DOWNLOAD button is visible on the screen. A download link will also be sent to your email address. If you prefer to download the archive using this method, open the email sent by Google and click Download Archive to save the archive on your computer.
- Click on DOWNLOAD. This is the blue button next to the archive name in the middle of the page.
- Enter your Google password. When prompted, type in the password you use to log into your Google account. The archive will be downloaded to your computer.
Wait for the download to finish. Once your Google Drive files have been uploaded to your computer, you can extract them for viewing.
download all Google Drive files on PC or Mac faster, connect your computer to a router with an Ethernet cable. Google Drive users have 15GB of free storage. It means your download may take hours.