How to delete apps on your Samsung Galaxy S21 or disable the ones that cannot be removed. You can delete all third-party applications that you don't use on your Samsung Galaxy S21 and free up memory space. You can remove most of the Samsung Galaxy S21 apps in the Settings app or by tapping and holding its icon on the apps screen.
Some built-in apps that cannot be deleted can be disabled from the Settings app or the app screen. It is so easy to install games and other apps from the Google Play Store that you may have an unmanageable number of apps installed on your Samsung Galaxy. The good news is that you can almost uninstall all the apps, it's a simple process.
How to delete apps on Samsung Galaxy S21
If we are talking about programs, which the user has installed on the phone itself (via Google Play or APK files), then you can use one of the four methods of elimination.
Through the home screen
After installing the program, its icon appears on the home screen in the app list. You can get rid of it right here, by following a few steps:
- Press and hold your finger on the app icon.
- In the window that appears, click on "Uninstall".
- Confirm the deletion.
This variant is suitable for all smartphones based on the Android operating system, including Samsung Galaxy S21. To uninstall you need:
- Open settings.
- Go to the «Apps» section (it could be called differently).
- Choose the program.
- Press the "Delete" or "Uninstall" button.
Through the Google Play Store
If the app was installed via the Play Store you can delete unnecessary apps on the Samsung Galaxy S21 directly via Google Play. For this, it is necessary:
- Launch Play Store.
- Open the list of installed programs or find the app yourself, using the search bar.
- On the program page, press the «Delete» or «Uninstall» button.
With the help of third party apps
The apps to uninstall the apps from your Samsung Galaxy S21 are considered along with the standard uninstall ways. For example, consider CCleaner, available as on PC, as on Android:
- Start CCleaner.
- Go to the "App Management" section.
- Check out unnecessary programs.
- Press the «Delete» button.
You can also use any other program, by running the uninstall apps function. In all cases, the deletion process will be similar.
How to delete pre-installed apps on Samsung Galaxy S21
Unlike third party programs, it is much more difficult to delete system apps on Samsung Galaxy S21. This is due to the fact that the software is developed by the creators of the smartphone and its uninstallation could cause serious crashes in the operation of the device. If that doesn't stop you, choose one of the two options.
Disable system apps
By default, system apps cannot be removed. You can only turn them off:
- Go to settings.
- Open the apps section.
- Choose the program.
- Press the «Force stop» button.
How to uninstall pre-installed apps on Samsung Galaxy S21
- Download Android Debug Bridge (ADB) to your computer.
- Using Play Store, download App Inspector on your phone.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S21 to the PC.
- Unzip the ADB archive to the root folder of the disk.
- Start the command line with administrator rights.
- Process the "cd c: / adb", "adb devices", "adb shell" requests by pressing the "Enter" button after entering each of them.
- Open App Inspector on your smartphone.
- Tap the name of the program.
- Copy or remember the information from the "Package name" point.
- In the command line of the computer enter the request "pm uninstall -k –user 0 * Package name *", where the information previously noted in place of "Package name" must be entered.
- Press Enter ".
Yes, this option cannot be called simple, but it is safer. For example, uninstalling pre-installed apps happens much faster via Titanium Backup, but requires root rights. With the previous method, you do not need these rights, that is, your smartphone will remain under warranty, and all available programs, including banking applications, will work.