How to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium from an Android mobile or tablet. Spotify is the highest paying music streaming platform on the planet, but can you survive without paying Spotify Premium?
If you are one of their paying subscribers, but for one reason or another you want to abandon the Premium version of the app, in this article we explain how delete Spotify Premium using your Android mobile or tablet.
Spotify vs Amazon Music: Which Music Streaming Service is Better
In case you are taking advantage of the trial period, we remind you that there is an app that automatically cancels this type of subscription. Either with the free period or with the different Spotify Premium paid plans, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
How to deactivate Spotify Premium from an Android mobile or tablet
The Spotify Premium service offers you some advantages that the "Free" user does not have, such as the ability to download songs and playlists to listen to them offline, do without annoying advertisements and be able to skip all the songs you want, without limits.
These are some of the extra features that convinced you to pay a monthly fee for Spotify Premium. However, if you no longer want to renew the service and wish to deactivate your Spotify subscription because you don't use it frequently or are more convinced by other services like Amazon Music Unlimited, the best alternative on the market, you can cancel Spotify Premium from Android mobile.
We must remember that it is not possible to close the subscription through the Spotify app itself, but it is necessary to enter the official website of the company. Step by step, we explain the procedure to unsubscribe from Spotify Premium:
- Log in to Spotify website from the browser of your Android phone or tablet.
- Click the icon with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner and select the option Start session.
- Log in with your Spotify credentials.
- After logging in, within the same options menu, select Account.
- Click on the white bar where General appears to bring up a menu of options where you need to select Plans available.
- Within the available plans, scroll down until you find the option Cancel Premium, which you must select.
- On the new page, Spotify will ask you again if you want to unsubscribe from Premium. Confirm your decision by clicking on "Yes, cancel".
By following this process, Spotify will confirm that your subscription to its Premium service has been canceled, although it may remain active if you still have days left until the next payment.
In addition, the platform will ask you a series of questions to find out why you canceled your subscription and if it is possible that you will return in the future, although it is not mandatory to answer.
From that moment, both the website and the Spotify app will show you several Renew Premium buttons with the intention of having you re-enrolled. Therefore, if you regret deactivating your Spotify Premium account, you can go back to using the service again at any time by using these buttons.