How crop videos on iPhone, Android and PC. They say the best camera is the one you always carry with you, and more often than not, that camera is connected to your smartphone. Capturing images and videos is easier than ever, but sometimes you hold your finger down on the record button a little too much and you saved 40 seconds of uselessness before recording what you needed. that's how crop video on iPhone, Android and PC.
Just a couple of years ago, cut video on a phone it was like building a pyramid, especially since the process changed based on the version of the phone. Today, thanks to the Google Photos app, not only cut videos it's quick and easy, but it's the same on all devices, regardless of which device you're using Android or iOS.
Download the Google Photos app for Android and iOS.
How to crop video on Android
To get started, you need to download and install the Photos app. This should come pre-installed on pretty much all modern Android phones, so if you're not using it yet, you're missing out on some good things, like auto photo backup. If you don't have it, you can download it for free from Google Play. On the iPhone, however, it must be installed.
If this is your first time running the Photos app, you need to set up the Backup & Sync option first. It's set to “on” by default (which I personally recommend leaving on), so if you've changed some settings or left defaylt's, just hit “Done”. Now, let's go to the part about how to crop video on iPhone and Android.
Go ahead and open the video you want to trim. See that little pencil icon at the bottom? This is your button. Touch that pencil.
The edit menu is dumb-simple, with an easy-to-use selection tool for trimming the video and a button to rotate the video. That's pretty much all there is to it: highlight the section of the video you want to keep, then tap the Save button in the top right. You can also hit the play button in the center of the video to check your selection before trimming, just to make sure it's perfect.
Once the video has been cropped, it will automatically be saved. The old video is not changed in any way, but a new video file is created. You don't have to name it or anything - everything is handled automatically.
- How to Reverse Tik Tok Videos on Android or iPhone
Other apps to trim a video on your android phone
VidTrim is another good application we found available for free to crop a video on your Android phone. It has a very accessible and functional interface based on a timeline view with the complete sequence on which we can trim clips, change the order and insert transitions. The processing and exporting of files is fast and clear enough to perform.
Video Cutter Trimmer
The main function of this editor is cut the clips. It is perfect for adjusting the size of files and then sharing them on social networks without taking too long. Select the start and end of the video and click the Cut button. Video Cutter Trimmer can cut all your videos on Android very fast. You can access all your videos from the video library. Just choose the length you want to cut and that cropped part is saved.
KineMaster è also one of the best video editors free that we can find on Android since it is truly complete. Its interface is very intuitive when it comes to working with more than one audio and video track and allows us to include audio tracks, stickers, images and even vocal phrases. Ha different themes, some of which are paid, but most are totally free.
Finally we recommend Power Director, a video editor for Android but with an interface very similar to the classic PC editors. Like the previous application, it is managed through a timeline that we can see at the bottom of the screen and from which we have access to all the options it presents, including our files.
It allows us to edit in the traditional way. Furthermore, we can add music, titles, effects, transitions and different image layers to our videos. It is undoubtedly a very complete option for more advanced editions than a simple cut and it is also completely free.
How to cut video on iPhone with iOS 13
While iPhones can capture sharp and impressive video, there may be elements you want to clip out of the final video. Whether it's an awkward background element or an aspect that messes up the vibe of the video, you need to know how to crop a video on iPhone before sharing it.
Unfortunately, you can't use the Camera app on your iPhone to “crop” videos while you're recording them. However, once they're shot, you can crop them using the Photos app, as long as you're using iOS 13 or later. Here's what you need to do.
- Open Photos and select the video you want to crop, after opening the desired video.
- Tap Edit in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Crop-Rotate icon at the bottom of the Edit screen.
- Once in Crop mode, tap and hold one of the corners of the video.
- Then start dragging the border inward to the desired point.
- Repeat until you're done cropping.
- Tap Done in the bottom right corner.
This saves the edited video. However, if you made a mistake or want to revert to the original video, you can tap Edit again, then tap Revert in the lower right corner of the Edit screen.
How to cut video on iPhone without iOS 13
If you're not running iOS 13 or later, the alternative is iMovie. You will usually find it pre-downloaded on your iPhone. If not, you can download it via the App Store. Once downloaded, here's how to crop videos on iPhone using iMovie:
- Open iMovie and create a new project.
- Tap Movies, then select the video you want to crop. Then, tap Create Movie at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the video as it appears in the timeline in the lower half of the screen.
- Then tap the small Zoom icon (displayed as a magnifying glass) in the top right corner of the screen.
- Pinch the incoming or outgoing video, to zoom in or out on the video (this effectively crops it). When done, tap Done in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap the Action (Share) icon at the bottom of the screen (it looks like a square with an arrow pointing vertically out of it). Finally, tap on Save Video, which saves the video you just cropped to your Camera Roll.
Also, it's worth noting that, compared to photos, iMovie has the advantage of keeping the original aspect ratio of your video.
- How to slow down TikTok video by recording in slow motion
How to crop video on iPhone with third party apps
If for any reason, you have a bias against Apple's apps, you can crop videos on iPhone using any number of third-party apps. The most downloaded of these is called Video Crop - Trim & Cut Videos. Like any other downloadable iPhone app, it is available on the App Store. After downloading it via the App Store, you can use it to crop videos by completing the following steps:
- Open Crop Video and tap OK when asked if you want the app to access your photos.
- After skipping the Crop Video Pro ad, tap on the video you want to crop.
- Tap Crop at the bottom left of the screen. Then, she starts dragging one of the corners of the video, moving the edge inward until you've cropped the desired portion of the video.
- Repeat with any other corner until you're done cropping.
- Tap Done in the top right corner of the screen. If you don't like cropping, you can undo by tapping the Undo symbol in the top menu bar, then tapping OK.
How to crop video on PC with Vlc
I will quickly explain how VLC works. VLC is a free and very powerful media player, which explains its great popularity. It is cross-platform (can be used on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Unix, iOS, Android, etc.) and handles almost all types of media files and streams (audio files, video files, audio CDs, DVDs, VCDs, streaming video, etc.).
It also includes some functions to edit files. Among them, it includes an audio and video format converter. it is also possible crop videos and remove any black bands. Finally, you can use VLC to trim video according to your needs. Read the following instructions to learn cut video on PC with Vlc.
- Download and install the latest version of VLC on your computer.
- Start VLC, go to the “View” tab and select “Advanced Controls”. The additional buttons will appear in addition to the normal play bar (including a red record button).
- Go to “Media”> “Open File” and import the video file you want to edit.
- Choose the sequence you want to cut and press the red button.
- You can use the “Image by Image” feed button for more precision in trimming or simply press the “Play” button.
- Once you have reached the end of the sequence to be extracted, press the red "Save" button again. The new video will automatically be named and saved in the "My Videos" folder on your computer.