Today we show you how to create and mount ISO image with Daemon Tools. daemon Tools is a very popular software for managing CD and DVD image files. It supports tons of different file types: ISO, NRG, BIN / CUE, CCD, MDS etc. you can create virtual drives in which to easily “mount” CD and DVD images.
If we have decided to make some space in our library by making our CDs digital and not only we must also equip ourselves to be able to access these archives whenever we want. An image type such as the ISO image is very difficult to use if you don't have the program and the necessary knowledge. This time you will learn step by step to create and mount ISO images with Daemon Tools.
How to create and mount ISO image with Daemon Tools for free
An ISO image is an exact copy of the data on an optical disc, such as a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc. With the right software, you can create ISO images from optical discs and use them in place of physical discs. “ISO” refers to the International Organization for Standardization, a company that sets common business standards.
The term is also a reference to the iso file extension for disk image files. These disc images can be mounted on your computer with a program like DAEMON Tools which you can download here.
Creating an ISO image is a very convenient way to back up data to an optical disc. If you use a disc frequently and don't want to load and unload it all the time, creating and using an ISO image is a convenient alternative.
ISO images are also useful for digitally distributing the contents of an optical disc that can be opened later with applications such as Adobe Premiere.
Also, keep in mind that many of the computers sold today lack a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray drive. We are seeing this technology stop being used for over 10 years, being replaced by cloud services or even hard drives (HDD or SSD) to store large data and make it accessible anywhere in the world.
Many people have to deal with ISO images (for example to buy games online) and don't know what to do with them, that's why we will explain how to create and mount these images so that you have no problems and use them.
1. How to create an ISO image
As we said before, you can use Daemon Tools Lite for free to create an ISO image. Here are the steps:
- Download and install Daemon Tools.
- Click the Disc Imaging icon in the main window.
- Choose the drive where the optical disc is loaded from the Device drop-down menu.
- Under “Destination Image File”, choose a path and name for the disk image. Make sure you add .iso as the file extension.
- Click on Start. The tool will create your ISO image.
2. How to mount ISO image
When you insert a disc into a PC's optical drive, Windows automatically mounts the disc in the drive. When you want to use an ISO image, you need to create a virtual drive and mount the ISO image on it. During its installation, Daemon Tools creates a virtual disk for you.
- Start Daemon Tools.
- In the main window, right-click on a virtual drive in the lower pane. Select mount ISO image from the context menu.
- Select the ISO image you want to mount.
- The selected ISO image will appear in Windows as a virtual disk loaded into a virtual drive. You can open iso files as you would an optical disc loaded in a drive.
Hope you learned how to create and mount ISO with Daemon Tools, you may be interested in how to format a PC and install Windows 10 from scratch.