In this article we will see how to connect samsung galaxy a8 to TV. We will tell you about three methods for connect your Galaxy A8 to the television, how to share screen and data between PC and Galaxy A8, how to share samsung galaxy a8 screen with a tv using AllShare Cast and finally how to share samsung galaxy a8 screen with a samsung smart TV.
Connecting your phone to your TV has several benefits, including being able to stream your favorite shows or movies directly from your phone. If you're a traditionalist, you can connect your Galaxy A8 to your TV with an old-fashioned HDMI cable and a converter for your phone's micro USB port.
You can also use a Chromecast USB stick if you prefer to connect wirelessly to the TV.
How to connect Samsung Galaxy A8 to TV using an HDMI cable converter
Purchase a micro USB to HDMI converter. Your phone's charging port, also known as the micro USB socket, doesn't support the same cable that interfaces with your TV by default, so you'll need to purchase a converter.
Please make sure your device is compatible with your chosen cable before purchasing. You can do this by typing the device name and cable name into a search engine and reviewing the results. If you don't already have an HDMI cable, buy one doesn't cost more than 5 euros online.
Connect the small end of the converter to your Android. This should be plugged into the charging port at the bottom of the phone. Connect your HDMI cable to your converter. The HDMI cable fits on the opposite end of the converter.
Connect the HDMI cable to the TV. The trapezoidal-shaped HDMI ports should be on the back of the TV. HDMI ports usually have the word "HDMI" printed next to them. Make a note of which input is listed under the HDMI port (for example, Video 3).
The converter can be supplied with a USB power cable. If your TV doesn't have a readily available USB port near the HDMI port, you can connect the USB power cable to your Android charger.
Turn on your TV. Change your TV's input to the relevant HDMI port. How you do this will depend on your TV model, but you can usually do this by pressing the "Input" or "Source" button on the top or side of the TV.
For example, if the HDMI port is “Video 3”, you need to change the displayed input of the TV to “Video 3”. Wait for your Android screen to appear. If you don't see your Android screen reflected on your TV after a few seconds, you should restart your device.
How to connect Samsung Galaxy A8 to TV via Chromecast
Make sure you have both a Chromecast unit and mobile app. You can buy Chromecast on Amazon for around € 30. The relevant app, “Google Home”, is a free download from the Google Play Store on your phone.
Connect the Chromecast stick to the TV. It should fit into your TV's HDMI port. You'll also need to plug the included Chromecast power cable into both the back of the unit and the USB charger (which should be plugged into an electrical outlet).
Open the Chromecast app. Set up new Chromecast. Exit the Chromecast app. Open your network settings. These should be in the Settings app. Tap the “Chromecast” option. Reopen the Chromecast app. Tap Next. Confirm that the code on your TV matches the one on your phone.
Configure your Chromecast. This includes the following processes:
- Selecting a country
- Add a name to the Chromecast (optional)
- Adding a wireless network to the Chromecast
Open an app that supports screencasting. Netflix and YouTube both fit this criterion. Tap the screencast icon. This is the rectangular icon with a series of curved lines in the lower left corner.
Tap Chromecast. If you've given your Chromecast a name, this name will appear here. Wait for your phone screen to appear on your TV.
This may take a few seconds. Once your screen has been successfully shared, you can use your phone to pause, skip forward or change the volume of your content.
You can also lock your phone while casting if you want to conserve battery life.
How to share screen and data between PC and mobile device:
- First, you need to download SideSync on Windows or Mac, after which you need to download SideSync on your device. Android users can download SideSync dal Google Play.
- Once the installation is complete, you need to connect the device to the PC via the USB cable or WiFi network. I would suggest using the data cable if you want to transfer files, if you want to share your screen use the WiFi option instead.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and connect your device using the same WiFi network, if you don't own a Smart TV then you need an external device to do this. [AllShare Cast hub].
How to share the Samsung Galaxy A8 screen with a TV using AllShare Cast:
Before continuing let me tell you a few things since we are about to connect Samsung Galaxy A8 to the TV, the which means you need a few extra things for connect correctly the Samsung Galaxy A8 to the TV. As I said before, if you don't own a SmartTV, you need to purchase AllShare Cast Hub.
- Turn on the TV e AllShare Cast.
- Use a HDMI cable to connect the TV with AllShare Cast.
- Once the connection is active, you will see a blue light on your device All Share Cast.
- Go to your Samsung Galaxy A8, go to Quick Settings-> Screen Mirroring-> Enable. (quick settings-> screen mirroring-> Turn on)
- Once screen mirroring enabled, you will get a list of available devices nearby.
- Select AllShare Cast's dongle and enter the PIN as shown on the TV.
That's it, you have connected correctly the your Samsung Galaxy A8 to the TV.
How to share the Samsung Galaxy A8 screen with a Samsung Smart TV:
When it comes to connecting Galaxy devices with Samsung Smart TVs, there is no need for any extra apps or devices. Just follow these simple steps below.
- Press Input on your remote Samsung SmartTV.
- Select Screen Mirroring from the Smart TV screen.
- Now go to yours Galaxy A8 settings to Apply and tap on Screen Mirroring.
- Your phone will list all the devices available for the screen mirroring.
- Select Samsung Smart TV. That's all.
That's it for now, we've just finished seeing all the methods available for connect Samsung Galaxy A8 to TV.
- How to restart the Samsung Galaxy A8 in Recovery Mode