How to connect PS3 controller to Android. Connecting a PlayStation 3 controller to an Android device is a great way to enhance your mobile gaming experience. Some types of games are best played with a controller or joystick. Another reason to use a game controller is with a device that has lost touch functionality but still turns on.
For non-rooted devices, a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable, which costs roughly € 5- € 10, is sufficient to start using the PlayStation 3 controller with the Android device. For those of you with root access, the Sixaxis Controller app for Android will allow you to use the PS3 controller to Android wirelessly via Bluetooth.
How to connect PS3 controller to Android (without root)
To use a PlayStation 3 controller with Android, you will need an OTG cable that supports your device.
- Connect the OTG cable to your phone or tablet.
- Connect the appropriate USB charging cable to the PS3 controller.
- Connect the USB charging cable to the female end of the OTG cable.
- Once all cables are connected correctly, a selection box will appear around an icon on the device. You can now use the controller to play and navigate with your phone or tablet.
It may take a few seconds for the device to recognize the PS3 controller.
How to connect PS3 controller to Android with Sixaxis (root)
Sixaxis Controller for Android is a paid application that will pair the PlayStation 3 controller to your phone or tablet. The app costs $ 2,49, requires root access to your Android device, and supports Android 2.3 and above. Before purchasing Sixaxis Controller, download and run Sixaxis Compatibility Checker to make sure the app supports your device.
- Download and install the Sixaxis Controller app from the Play Store.
- Tap the button green to buy l’app.
- Toccata Buy Now.
- Select your payment method from the drop-down menu, then tap BUY.
- Enter the password for your Google account, then tap Confirmation.
- Toccata Continue once the payment is successful.
- Toccata apri.
- Toccata Start.
- Toccata Conceded when prompted for superuser permissions.
- Enter the code 0000 o 1234, then touch OK.
- Once connected to the PS3 controller, the app will display the message; Client 1 connected [Battery status:] .
- Launch your favorite game or emulator, then tap Pref Renze o Settings.
- Toccata Select input method.
- Toccata Set input methods.
- Tap the keyboard default.
- Select Sixaxis Controller.
- Toccata OK when the dialog box appears.
If you are planning to buy Android games, always check that it supports the use of a PS3 controller.