Il mirroring your Motorola One Macro smartphone to a TV it was quite an ordeal, usually involving rooting the phone or using a lot of cables. Today this is no longer the case, thanks to manufacturers who integrate mirroring into their own user interfaces, a series of free apps on the Play Store and Chromecast.
In this tutorial, we will show you how to easily perform the mirroring the display of your Motorola One Macro to the TV, both wirelessly and via cable.
How to cast Motorola One Macro screen to TV
Mirror your Motorola One Macro smartphone to a TV wirelessly
If your TV supports WiFi this is the way to go, if not, move on to the second method. Before continuing, make sure your TV is on and it is connected to it network WiFI del your Motorola One Macro device. The process is very simple.
- Go to your device settings
- Look for a tab called "Screen Mirroring". Other common names for the particular functionality include "Wireless Display", "Miracast" and "Screen share".
- Hit the refresh button to see your smart TV in the device list.
- Once the TV emerges in the list, tap the respective tab to connect the two devices.
Assuming this is the first time you are trying to pair your Motorola One Macro device with your TV, a pop-up will most likely appear on your TV, asking you to accept or decline the connection request. Press Accept and your phone display will immediately appear on your TV.
What if I can't find the Screen Mirroring tab?
We know that some versions of Motorola One Macro don't allow users to get the most out of their phones, so in case you can't find the particular option in the Settings menu, there is a trick you can do.
To work around this problem it is necessary download a free TV mirroring app from the Play Store: many options are available. We used an app called 'Screen Stream Mirroring Free'. The app has quite a number of ads, but it works well in casting the Motorola One Macro's display to your TV.
After downloading the app, select the 'Miracast' option from the menu. Then click on the “Miracast Settings” button, which will redirect you to the Mirroring TV tab of your settings where you can follow the steps outlined above.
If you own a Chromecast, the mirroring process is silly and simple. Just make sure you've downloaded the Google Home app on your device.
Follow the steps listed below.
- Make sure your Chromecast and Motorola One Macro are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Launch the Google Home app on your Motorola One Macro.
- Tap the Menu button located in the top left corner of the app, then follow Cast Screen / Audio> Cast Screen / Audio
- Select your Chromecast.
How to Cast Motorola One Macro Screen to Samsung Smart TV
If you own an Android device and a Samsung Smart TV, you will soon realize that the manufacturer has included the particular feature in its ecosystem.
Start by preparing your Samsung Smart TV:
- Press the Source button on the remote.
- Select the Screen Mirroring source.
- The TV will display a screen informing that it is waiting for the device to be connected. If you don't connect your device within two minutes, the scan will time out.
Prepare your Android device:
- Open the notification menu.
- Tap Screen mirroring.
- The device will start scanning for TVs and other devices that can be mirrored. Tap the TV you want to connect to.
- The smartphone will start connecting to the TV.
How to cast Motorola One Macro screen to cable TV
This does not work on all Motorola One Macro devices. In case your TV doesn't support WiFi, or you just want to avoid the lag that comes with WiFi mirroring, you can stream your Android device's screen to your TV via an HDMI cable, there are plenty of options on Amazon.
If your phone has a microUSB port, search for "microUSB to HDMI cable". If it contains a Type-C port, search for “Type-C to HDMI Cable”.
Once you have the cable in your hands, connect the HDMI end to the HDMI port on the TV and the other end to the USB connection port on the phone. Turn on the TV and look for the HDMI output. Select it and your phone display should appear on the TV.
If you run into any problems while trying any of the above solutions or have a recommendation to make, feel free to write a comment below.