You need to clear YouTube history on PC for several reasons. Regardless of whether it is for privacy reasons or to leave no trace of the videos you have seen, this option exists and is very easy to use. If you want to clear YouTube history on PC, you just need to follow the following steps below and you will understand how easy the process is.
How to clear YouTube history
Youtube is one of the platforms of video playback most used in the world. There you can find any type of content. From tutorials to news, the world of possibilities and information that opens up on this page are endless.
When you create an account on their platform, you start the search history, where information is stored from the first to the last video viewed. This memory helps the site manager to know your tastes, so that you can provide similar content and not make you leave the page.
How to clear YouTube history on PC
- The first thing to do is to access the YouTube website from your PC.
- Then in the menu on the left choose History.
- Here you have to click on “Clear all viewing history”.
- After reading and accepting the info in the pop-up window, click on “Clear view history”.
- Done. By doing so, you have deleted the YouTube history on PC.
If, on the other hand, you do not want to carry out this procedure again, you can disable the automatic storage of YouTube history, for this it is enough:
- When you access your video history, on the right hand side you will find a number of options. There you have to press the option "Pause viewing history".
- After pressing that button, an alert will pop up again, explaining that this can be reversible and if you are sure you want to. Push the button "Pause" And that's it.
Your YouTube search history will no longer be stored.
Delete YouTube history on your phone
If you want to clear YouTube history from your phone, you just need to follow the steps below.
- Open the application and go to your profile.
- Once inside, you have to click on "Your details on YouTube".
- Once in this tab you can browse or delete your YouTube activities.
In case you just want to disable the automatic storage of YouTube history, just go to the “Your data on YouTube” tab, then to YouTube search history and disable the YouTube history.
Youtube it is a very practical and easy to use tool. Both its mobile version and the web version are very intuitive, and are equipped with many settings that safeguard our privacy.
Read also: How to activate YouTube dark mode on Android and PC