Are you bored with your phone's standard notification sounds? Do you want to cheer him up with something more fun? Then you're in the right place! Here is our guide on how to change notification tones on your android smartphone.
Change Android's default notification tone
All Android devices play a default notification sound unless a specific app uses a different tone. If you want to change the sound, here's what you should do:
1. Open the settings of Android.
2. To touch Audio.
3. Toccata Default notification sound.
A list of different notification sounds will appear. Touch a tone to hear it, then touch up OK to select it. That's all!
Depending on the version of Android and the manufacturer of your phone, the name of this setting may differ slightly or you may need to look for this setting elsewhere.
For example, on the Pixel 3, running Android 9.0 (Pie), you will need to open the settings of Android, then select Sounds, then to set notification sounds, tap Advancedat the bottom of the menu.
With Android 8.0 (Oreo), the method is identical. You may have slightly different menus if you use heavy customization like Huawei's EMUI or Oppo's ColorOS. You can see the steps for EMUI in the image below.
On an older model, for example, on an LG G4 with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), you need to open the Android settings, then select Tones and notifications, Then Ringtone.
Change WhatsApp notification tones
Apps like Facebook or Gmail often have their own notification sounds, but you can easily change them if you like. The procedure may differ for each app. We will show you an example with WhatsApp:
1. apri WhatsApp.
2. Click on the three dots to open the menu at the top right of the screen.
3. To touch Settings Than we Notification.
Now a list with different ringtones will appear. Select your favorite sound then confirm your choice by tapping OK. Done! If you don't like the choices available, you can also create your own audio files:
How to crop a song and put it as an Android ringtone
Change notification tones in Facebook Messenger
Even Facebook Messenger, very popular, has a standard tone that is even more confusing. It is better to go to the menu on the rightmost tab after installation and change it:
- Open the menu on the right by tapping your profile picture.
- Select Notifications and sounds.
- Configure your ringtone.
Facebook Messenger has a wide range of tones but you can't use your own custom sounds. With Facebook Messenger Lite, the less resource-consuming equivalent of Facebook Messenger, there's no way to change the tone of your notifications. Here you can set the vibration without sound or use only the notification LED. However, there are no custom notifications for individual chats and groups on Facebook Messenger.
Create your own Android notification tones
Of course, you don't have to limit yourself to Android notification sounds or ringtones, you can also create your own to use! All you have to do is put the audio files you want in the right place, and they will be selectable as notification sounds on Android. Here's how to do it step by step:
How to change Android notification sounds:
- Connect your Android smartphone to a PC
- Open the root folder of internal storage / storage and navigate to the folder Notifications. If this folder doesn't exist, you can just create it: New folder> name it Notifications.
- Copy your notification audio files to this folder so they will be accessible on your phone as well.
App with new notification sounds for Android
If you want to get new notification sounds for your Android phone but aren't sure which ones to use, try apps like Free Popular Ringtones or ZEDGE ™ Ringtones, which offer lots of free notification tones.
Alternatively, if you want to make a ringtone from a longer song or audio file, you can use Ringtone Maker for that. Despite the name, it's not just for ringtones, but for notification sounds and alarms as well
Are you satisfied with the predefined notification tones? Do you want to try making your own? Let us know in the comments!
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Diablo 3 the Guide to Start Playing
- Rage 2 All Weapons Guide and Doom Bfg 9000 Exclusive to Special Editions
- Borderlands 3 Gearbox and 2k Announce Borderlands 3 Echocast Extension With Twitch Partners
- How to Unlock the Chicken Hat in Metal Gear Solid 5 the Phantom Pain
- Deus Ex Human Revolution Codes to Open All Doors and Locks