How to change the language on an Android phone or tablet to the one you prefer. You can easily install a different language on your android phone with the one you prefer. It's easy to change the language on your Android device to one that you feel most comfortable with in everyday use.
If the need arises, it's really easy to change the display language on an Android phone or tablet. Android is currently the most popular mobile operating system in the world, it supports multiple languages to appeal to its vast user base spread across the globe.
All you have to do is navigate to the Settings app of your Android device and choose the language you prefer. Android devices offer more than 100 languages, along with a selection of regional variants.
Either because you accidentally selected the wrong language when setting up your phone or because you bought the device in a foreign country, you can easily change the language on your Android phone by going to Settings.
With more than 100 languages to choose from, you will probably be able to find the one you are looking for. Here's how to install the language on your Android device.
How to change ringtone on Android
How to change the language on Android
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap "System".
- Tap “Languages & Inputs”.
- Tap "Languages".
- Tap "Add a language".
- Select your preferred language from the list by tapping it. If prompted, select the region for your chosen language.
- Press firmly on the two horizontal lines to the right of your preferred language and drag it to the first point.
You should automatically see your phone's default language change. If not, restart your device.
Change the language of the Android phone keyboard
You will interact a lot with your keyboard. Therefore, it's important to make sure your keyboard input is set to the language you understand.
- Tap the Settings app.
- Tap Language and input.
- In Keyboard and input methods, tap Google Keyboard
- Tap Languages.
- Make sure the Use system language option is turned off. If it is active, you can deactivate it simply by tapping on the option.
- Finally, tap on the language you want to set for the keyboard under Active input methods.
Change voice input
Another way to interact with your Android phone or tablet is to use voice inputs. Follow the steps below to change the voice input language on your Android device.
- Open the Settings on your Android phone.
- Tap Language & input.
- Tap Voice input in the voice section.
- Then, tap the gear icon next to Advanced Google Services.
- Tap Languages.
- On the next screen, tap the language you want to use for voice input. In this section you can also select multiple languages.
- Once selected, tap Save to save your changes.
What do you need to know
Changing the display language changes the language for system menus, app drawer and Google related apps like Maps, Photos etc.
Third party apps installed on your Android phone or tablet may or may not follow the language setting change. Some apps may require you to change language settings from within the app, and some apps may not support changing language settings.