How to cancel Google Play Store and Android app subscriptions. The Google Play Store hosts all in-app subscriptions set up using the Android device. When you decide to cancel these weekly, monthly or yearly subscriptions, how do I deactivate a Google Play and Android app subscription?
The easiest way to cancel Google Play and Android app subscriptions is to use your Android smartphone.
How to cancel Google Play subscriptions
- Start by launching the “Play Store” app. If you can't find it on your device, swipe up on the home screen to open the app drawer and then scroll down to locate the app.
- Then, tap on the hamburger menu icon in the upper left corner of the interface.
- Tap the "Subscriptions" option located in the middle of the list.
- You should now see every subscription you are paying for through the Google Play Store. Tap the subscription you want to cancel.
- Select the “Cancel subscription” link located at the bottom of the page.
- Provide a reason to cancel your subscription, then tap the "Continue" button.
- Confirm that you want to cancel your Android app's Play Store subscription by selecting the “Cancel subscription” button.
The app subscription will remain active until the end of the billing period. If this is a new subscription, you may be able to request a refund from the Google Play Store.
How to cancel a Google Play subscription from the web
If you no longer have access to an Android device or manage your finances from your computer, you can unsubscribe from apps via the Google Play Store website.
- Start by visiting the Google Play Store from your favorite browser. From there, select the "My Subscriptions" link located in the left sidebar.
- Next, click the "Manage" button on the right side of the screen associated with the subscription you wish to cancel.
- Select the “Cancel Subscription” option located at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- Finally, click on the “Cancel subscription” button to confirm your decision.
Again, the subscription will remain active until the end of the billing period. We just finished seeing how to cancel Google Play Store subscription and Android app.
It might interest you: How to fix Google Play Store has stopped working