We continue the series of guides dedicated to God of War. In this article we want to tell you how to unlock the kingdoms of Muspelheim and Niflheim which, as you well know, will not be of interest to the main story. There are two realms to unlock, the realm of fire and the realm of fog, in each of which there are as many objectives to be achieved. In the realm of fire you have to complete the Muspelheim language code and then use the realm board to reach it; the same will be for the kingdom of fog, once you have completed the linguistic code of Niflheim use the board of the kingdom to reach it. To complete the codes, in both cases, it will be a must to find the seven hidden chests in each kingdom. It will only take four to access the location of belonging, but if you find them all, get a random spell.
Let's see now how the chests are located:
Muspelheim, the Kingdom of Fire
- Go to the Lake of Nine at the Raven Cliffs. Landing where the water is highest you will find Dead Troll Beach and the Brazier. You will see a passage to the north blocked by planks, remove them, Atreus will drop a chain that you will climb on and find the first chest.
- Also at the Lake of Nine, go to the Lost Caves. North of a Nornir chest and a brazier you will find a chain: now you just have to climb up to find the second chest.
- Continuing with the Lake of Nine you come to the Muspelheim Tower and wait for the second level drop in the lake. Climb the Watchtower, abseil and take the Muspelheim Tower behind you. There will be enemies waiting for you: fight and then climb the boards, your chest is there.
- Locating the fourth chest seems easier. Go to the foot of the hill, stopping just before the Sindri shop. Right next to the Staff of Contempt and the clipboard marker, you will find the chest (on the left).
- Go to Alfheim and cross the bridge. Now take the right path to find the fifth chest.
- Walk towards the Mountain Peak, meet Mimir and go down the ladder to the Mystical Passage. A little further on, on the left, you will see the chest.
- Before going to the River Pass, equip yourself with Shock Arrows that you will need for the Explosive Crystal. Go to the Witch's Dungeons and take the elevator up to the cave. To the right of this will be the much coveted chest. Open it, take the code and then remove the energy of the Winds of Hel.
Once you have at least four codices, use the kingdom table at Tyr's Temple to gain access to Muspelheim.
Niflheim, the Kingdom of Fog
- Go to the Lake of Nine by reaching the beach next to the Alfheim Kingdom Tower. Take care of the Explosive Crystal, grab the first handhold and go right to find the first chest.
- Also from the Lake of Nine, walk towards the Ruins of the Ancients, located northwest of the lake. To have free rein, and thus take the chest, you will have to defeat a Eater of souls.
- Back at the Lake of Nine, go to the Watchtower. Wait for the second level drop in the lake and defeat the nightmares. Looking east you will notice an oar which is actually a mechanism. Hit it four times to unlock the path that will lead you to the chest.
- When Kratos and Atreus, equipped with a Chisel, return to the Mountain Summit, they will go to another Sindri Shop and emerge on the Summit. A little further on they will find the chest.
- When you go to Tyr's Hall Kratos and Atreus will have to break two chains. From there follow the right path up to the chain and look at the opposite wall to find the chest.
- At a precise moment of the game you will be asked to go with your boat inside the snake in search of the eye. Once found, go to the rope and on the platform to the left you will find the chest.
Once you have at least four codices, use the kingdom table at Tyr's Temple to gain access to Niflheim.
That was all there was to know to unlock the two realms. We refer you to our dedicated review and remind you that we have an entire section dedicated to God of War. Stay connected with us to not miss any news.