Heroes Guide For Honor: Samurai Kensei [how to use, strategies and tips]
In this guide we see how to best use one of the Heroes present in For Honor, the Kensei, with all its characteristics, secrets, skills and attacks.
Don't forget to also check out the complete For Honor help sheet for guides on all the other heroes and other helpful tips on this game.
The Kensei are also incarnations of the spirit of Bushidō, the way of the samurai warrior, or at least those who most represent its essence. Experts in numerous martial arts, they are trained since childhood to fight and die for the emperor or for their companions without asking questions. The Kensei wear heavy armor and fight with the nodachi, a longer version of the katana that can take out enemies with a few elegant slashes.
For Honor: Kensei attacks, skills and strategies
- Difficulty: Medium
- Adaptive fighting style
- Excellent range in melee
- Their high powerful attacks cannot be parried
- They can initiate chain attacks with many maneuvers and assaults
For Honor: special abilities of the Kensei
- Fast recovery - Passive; stamina regenerates quickly
- Iron Lungs - Passive; you can still run when you run out of stamina
- Body Count - Passive; gain life and stamina by killing another hero
- Inspire - allies deal more damage, soldiers fight faster
- Chilling Stare - Enemies around you have their attack and defense stats decreased
- Smoke Bomb - throws a smoke bomb that breaks the opponent's guard
- Second wind - restores some of your health
- Long Bow - use the longbow to shoot arrows
- Steadfast - gains invulnerability on launch attempts for a short time
- Stalwart Banner - nearby allies gain health
- Unblockable - your attacks cannot be blocked for a short period of time
- Arrow Storm - Aerial attack that deals damage in multiple areas
For Honor: Samurai Kensei combo list
Here is the list of Kensei combos in For Honor with the relative keys to press to perform the moves of this Guerrier:
|Dawn of the Steel Sun||LMB, LMB, LMB||RB, RB, RB||R1, R1, R1|
|Spirit of the Inevitability||LMB, LMB ♦, RMB||RB, RB ♦, RT||R1, R1 ♦, R2|
|Form of the Dragon||LMB, RMB, RMB||RB, RT, RT||R1, R2, R2|
|Doom of the Kensei||RMB, RMB, RMB||RT, RT, RT||R2, R2, R2|
|Rushing Sweep (Not in Guard Mode)||↑ + RMB||LS↓ + RT||LS ↓ + R2|
|Helmet splinter||W + Space, LMB||LS↑ + A, RB||LS↑ + X, R1|
|Swift Strike||A or D + Space, LMB||LS← or LS + A, RB||LS← or LS + X, R1|
|Grasping Pounce||W + Space, MMB||LS↑ + A, X||LS ↑ + X, Square|
The Kensei compared to other warriors, PRO and CONS
- Kensei is weak against the Guardians and Reapers
- Kensei is strong against the Executioners, Orochi and Peacekeepers
Pro: in the hands of a skilled player the Kensei can inflict enormous amounts of damage and can easily take on any opponent with short range attacks in 1vs1
- Long and medium range attacks.
- Particularly adept at dodging left and right.
- Powerful special attack that cannot be blocked.
- Get stronger as you level up.
Against: This character is difficult to play and even harder to master, but for that same reason, he's a really strong hero who can make a difference. You will need a lot of practice in particular to understand his timing and manage spaces, very important factors for this hero.
- Low attack speed.
- Weak in close range combat.