Download and install EMUI 10 on any Huawei / Honor phone. EMUI is also known as Emotion UI is the custom Android based mobile operating system used on Huawei and Honor devices. In August, Huawei announced the 10th iteration of the EMUI version, which is EMUI 10 based on Android 2019 at the Huawei Developer Conference 10. Shortly after September, the EMUI XNUMX beta program was announced for a range of Huawei and Honor devices.
We are in March and finally the company has started rolling out the stable update EMUI 10 [Android 10] including the smartphones Huawei P30, Mate 20 and Honor 20. More smartphones will follow in the coming months. Here we will guide you on how to download and install EMUI 10 on any Huawei and Honor device that is eligible for the update. Before taking you directly to the update process, let's take a quick overview of the features of EMUI 10. (Download and Install EMUI 10 on any Huawei / Honor phone)
Download and install EMUI 10 on any Huawei / Honor phone
Features EMUI 10
1. App icons: EMUI 10 brings a great revolution in app icons: they are now more rounded and more animated.
2. Dark mode: since EMUI 10 is based on Android Q, it also brings system-wide dark mode. The new dark mode will also be able to extend to third-party apps which are a welcome addition for those who prefer darker menus. This feature reduces eye strain when operating the device in low light conditions and saves battery.
3. Morandi color: inspired by the Morandi gradient color scheme, EMUI10 harmonizes delicate textures with translucency to create a sense of tranquility to calm your thoughts. Stay classy, elegant and free from hassle.
4. Performance improvement: By adopting the deterministic latency engine, EMUI10 intelligently optimizes system resource allocation to accelerate performance from the chipset level, delivering more responsive and consistent performance.
5. GPU Turbo updated: The updated Turbo GPU aims to greatly reduce touch latency (down by 40%) 3 and extend battery life to give you an edge in the game. Enjoy the visual pleasure of a high frame rate and incredible smoothness of operation in the best games.
EMUI 10 on any Huawei / Honor pfirst preparations:
- This guide works with all Huawei and Honor devices running on the latest EMUI 9.1 operating system.
- The device should not have root access.
- There should be at least 70% of the battery level on the device to carry out the update process.
- Make sure there is enough internal memory to install the firmware (at least 6GB).
- A full backup is recommended. This helps restore data in case of an accident.
- Download and install HiSuite software on your PC.
- High-speed Wi-Fi connectivity for downloading the update package.
Final report: this update process only works with devices for which Huawei has released the EMUI 10 [Android 10] stable update via OTA.
How to install EMUI 10 on any Huawei / Honor phone
There are three methods through which you can check the latest EMUI 10 update based on Android 10 on Huawei and Honor devices. Here they are:
Method 1: Update Huawei / Honor phone to EMUI 10 via Settings
This is one of the simplest methods to upgrade your Huawei phone to EMUI 10 ROM. Users need to go on Settings> System> Software Update and touch "Check for updates". Here you will see the complete change log of the EMUI 10 update. Press the "DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL". That's all! EMUI 10 firmware will be downloaded and installed on your device automatically.
Method 2: update Huawei / Honor phone to EMUI 10 via HiCare
Another method to update your Huawei phone to EMUI 10 ROM. Here you need an app called 'Hicare'to check for the latest software update. Follow the steps below for the same:
- Download and install the latest version of the HiCare app on your device. Download HiCare APK.
- Open the app and log in with your Huawei ID. It doesn't have one, check here to create a new Huawei ID.
- After logging in, select your country and accept “Authorizations and User Agreement”.
- Select the "Support" section at the top of the screen, then select the "Update" icon.
- Now you need to tap Request Update> Apply.
- The HiCare app will start searching for the EMUI 10 update. If available, tap “Download and Install” to start downloading the update.
- Once installed, the device will reboot with the latest firmware.
Method 3: update Huawei / Honor phone to EMUI 10 via HiSuite
HiSuite is an official Android Smart Device Manager tool that allows you to connect Huawei and Honor to Windows / Mac PCs without the need for USB drivers. It allows you to perform various tasks such as backup, system restore, restore and most importantly, software update. Here we have the steps to update Huawei / Honor to EMUI 10 OS via HiSuite.
- Download HiSuite on your PC. Download HiSuite for PC
- Connect the Huawei phone to the PC using a standard USB cable.
- Open the HiSuite app on your PC.
- On the HiSuite main screen, you will see the model number of the device. This indicates that the connection between the Huawei phone and the PC has been established successfully.
- Now you need to click on "Update”Located at the bottom right of the HiSuite screen.
- The tool will start searching for EMUI 10 updates. If available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
- When finished, the device will automatically boot with the latest EMUI 10 firmware.
Hope the above steps were helpful in updating your Huawei and Honor phone to EMUI 10 [Android 10]. In case, you get stuck in the update process or find some kind of difficulty, leave a comment below.