Diablo 3 - How to resolve the Update installation file error
We usually write guides to take you through the in-game phases of the various games, but with the release of Diablo 3 the work is focusing on guides dedicated to solving problems related to the installation of the game.
If you are among those who are swearing in all known and unknown languages, here is our small contribution to try to alleviate your despair.
If you are also struggling with the Diablo 3 setup error in theupdate installation files here are some attempts we recommend you try to solve this problem (see also the guide to common problems in installing Diablo 3):
- go to: Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools
- double click on "Services" and in the list that opens you will find the entry "Secondary Access"
- right click on "Secondary Access", choose "Property" and "Startup type" set Automatic
Now run the installation by running the executable / installer as administrator (as explained in the common problems guide). You should be able to pass the block on updating the installation files.
Right-click on the Setup file downloaded with the Blizzard download.
Select Properties -> Compatibility and check Run in compatibility mode for ... -> choose Windows XP Service Pack 3 (does not work on Vista)
Now run the installation by running the executable / installer as administrator (as explained in the common problems guide)
Judging by the disproportionate amount of requests we have already received in these first few hours and the tons of posts on the subject found on the net, if you are having problems I can assure you that you are not alone. As always, we will make every effort to keep this guide as updated as possible and help you solve the problem.
Other suggestions from Users
1) I had the same problem with the beta, to solve I did this:
-I started installing diablo 3 and waited for it to crash
-I finished the installation and agent.exe from the task manager
-I open the folder C: ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.868
- I started the installation of diablo 3 (without deleting the data in the battle.net folder) and at the same time I launched (as administrator) the file agent.exe contained in the folder
so I was able to start it, now I don't remember but also try to put the compatibility of both agent.exe and the file for setup with window XP sp3