Crysis 2 - Guide to setting the graphics settings to the maximum (extreme, very high) [PC]
We enhance the graphics of Crysis 2 on PC
There is still no definite news on the patch that will add support for DirectX 2 libraries in Crysis 11 which should do justice to those who are playing the game on the PC platform. minimal differences with the console version as regards the graphic rendering.
However, there is the possibility of bypassing this impediment and unlocking the hidden graphics settings by setting the detail to "Very High" or even to "Extreme".
To do this there are two procedures:
1) use a very light application (see image below - download link) which allows you to freely set anything in the game's graphics options. The application will create the autoexec.cfg file for you based on your choices and will allow you to modify it at any time, all through a very intuitive interface
2) You can directly download the autoexec.cfg file we created and put it in the main game folder (download link). This contains the settings to have all graphics settings at maximum. Obviously, if you have a slightly dated PC that might have problems holding Crysis 2 pushed to the maximum, we advise you to opt for the other procedure that allows you to scale all the options at will. The following image shows the settings contained in the autoexec.cfg file prepared by us.
- Before launching the application (if you had already created one) delete any autoexec.cfg file present in the game installation folder.
- If you have made any changes in the "Target" field of the link used to launch the game, delete those as well.
- To verify that you have applied the changes correctly, go to the graphics settings (from the game menu) and check that the "Extreme" setting appears
Link to download the autoexec.cfg file already configured
Link to download the application change all the graphic settings to your liking.