In the last few hours 505 Games has released some interesting information on Control, many of which are linked to the arrival of the title on next-gen consoles through the free upgrade available in the Ultimate Edition of the game. First of all we remind you that it will not be necessary to purchase the Ultimate Edition if you are subscribed to PS Plus. In fact, in the last few hours Sony announced that the game will be available for free as part of the subscription to PlayStation Plus of the month of February, a new news for players who had previously been disappointed by the choice to make the switch to next-gen consoles free only for users who would have purchased this new version. Accompanying the announcement, 505 Games has updated its official support page of the site, adding new entries related to the specifications and features of the Control Ultimate Edition on the next-generation PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / S consoles.
We remind you that Control Ultimate Edition includes the base game, the expansions The Foundation e AWE and all updates of the contents released so far, from expeditions to photo mode. As previously announced, players will need the Ultimate Edition of the title to be able to take advantage of the free pass to next generation consoles PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S and Xbox Series S. All other content, such as some exclusive outfits and the Isolation side quest which is part of the PlayStation 4 Digital Deluxe, are not included within this bundle. As for the various specifications and features of the next generation consoles, the game will support ray tracing on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X but, apparently, not on Xbox Series S.
Here is the information reported on the official support page of 505 Games:
- Performance Mode: Aim for 60fps performance with 1440p rendering resolution and 4K output
- Graphics Mode: Aim for ray traced 30fps performance (transparency and reflections) at 1220p render resolution and 4K output
- NOTE: : Only Performance mode is available on Xbox Series S. Targets 60 fps without ray tracing, with a render resolution of 900p and an output of 1080p. This is a limitation of the hardware, not the game.
- DualSense PS5 Support: Vibration and trigger support.
- PS5 Activity and Help: Cards and videos that guide you through the game and track your progress.