In this tutorial we will see how to install Galaxy S8 Always On Display on Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge. The guide is very simple and easy. The Samsung Galaxy S8 was released with a lot of changes, hardware and software.
It has a completely different design and a good / beautiful Super AMOLED display, with the latest 10nm chip, one of the best smartphone cameras and so much more. It is one of the best and fastest phones you can buy right now.
But the Galaxy S8 didn't just get hardware changes. The software has also changed quite a bit. One of these changes has to do with the Always On Display feature. First announced on the Galaxy S7.
Always On Display has been designed to consult the information we need most during the day, including notifications, without necessarily having to turn on the display every time to consult them.
Come installare Galaxy S8 Always On Display sul Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge
The Always On feature on the Galaxy S8 has gotten an upgrade over the software released last year. You can choose to view the digital or analog clock, calendar, pictures, or an Edge clock.
The Galaxy S8 Always On application has been extracted from the phone system and the APK file can be installed on other Samsung phones.
Thanks to some developers of the most famous forums it is possible to install the Galaxy S8 Always On Display application on other Samsung phones running Marshmallow or Nougat, such as the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
The application can be installed on mobiles such as the Galaxy S6 (Edge) or Note 5 but it may not work.
This is the file that will be installed on the phone. You don't need a root device or custom recovery to install it.
- Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Always On Display | AODService_v25.apk
How to install
- Download the file from the link above and move it to the phone's internal memory.
- Go in the Settings> "Screen lock and security" and activated unknown sources if you haven't already. This will allow you to install third party APK files.
- Then go to the folder where the APK file is located and click on it to install it.
- Go in the Settings> Display and activated Always OnDisplay.
- If the application closes, go to Settings> Applications> Always On Display> and delete the data.
Return to the home screen and turn the screen off. Enjoy the new Galaxy S8 Always On Display on your Galaxy S7 or other Samsung phones.
You can customize the user interface by going to Settings> Display> Always On.
You can also select what you want to see and what not.